Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Madden Mondays #5: Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Madden Mondays #5: Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #49
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Madden Mondays #5: Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Big problem. Look at how fast that defender slides around at 2:55 after the press. WR still going forward while the DB has to change direction. How does the DB go from behind the WR to a good yard in front of him to pick the ball off? What happened to locomotion?
I'm surprised this surprises anyone. This isn't going to change this gen. I have been preaching this for years.

My only hope for any real true foot planting and momentum is for next gen.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-13-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #50
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Cause casual gamers are the ones who influence sales the most. Most of Madden's audience are casual gamers.
You missed the point. If casual gamers rarely get around to watching these videos, why make them geared towards them? All these gameplay videos say the same thing inside of them. Why not make videos of why the IE will change the way we play? Or why Read and React should be considered a huge improvement this year? Why do they continue to give this water down BS every time they talk about the game? I know they have to sell games but these videos seem like they are just a 'check in the box' instead of something truly informative.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #51
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
You missed the point. If casual gamers rarely get around to watching these videos, why make them geared towards them? All these gameplay videos say the same thing inside of them. Why not make videos of why the IE will change the way we play? Or why Read and React should be considered a huge improvement this year? Why do they continue to give this water down BS every time they talk about the game? I know they have to sell games but these videos seem like they are just a 'check in the box' instead of something truly informative.
Quite frankly this whole generation of football gaming has felt like a "check in the box", just getting something out there called Madden NFL and convince as many people as they can to buy it. No regard for the quality of the game or how well it represents NFL football but just get something out there new that marketing can convince the masses they must have. I am disappointed in myself for seeing this crap as clear as day, yet buying this game every year anyway because "it's just a video game".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #52
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
When Ian was around they had smaller in detail videos for the hardcore players. I remember watching Wes Welker cutting on the green screen to show player momentum with cutting. Then people complained that they videos showing off features or fixes that didn't make into the game. My guess is EA plays their cards tighter now because the transparent and open communication era didn't quite work out.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #53
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm glad the defensive assignments are fixed. Or at least that's what he just said.. I really hated getting confused when my players covered recievers that they shouldn't be covering. Like a Linebacker covering Desean Jackson...

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 08-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #54
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

"We'll take a question from Terry Davis in Miami Ohio.... Is there gonna be a 13' on the cover of this year's Madden?, Well that's a tough question Terry, but we did get it in there barely."

How these videos make us all feel pretty much...
Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #55
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
"We'll take a question from Terry Davis in Miami Ohio.... Is there gonna be a 13' on the cover of this year's Madden?, Well that's a tough question Terry, but we did get it in there barely."

How these videos make us all feel pretty much...
Hey will there be RTP in M13 Stampede?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #56
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

lol @ the designer guy. He seemed so nervous. Looked like if the camera zoomed out more we'd see black-hooded EA execs on either side of him with Ak47's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »