Home

Madden 13 PS Vita Demo Available Now, Post Impresssions

This is a discussion on Madden 13 PS Vita Demo Available Now, Post Impresssions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #33
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Played a quick game. I am actually shocked at the gameplay. Is it Madden 13 on PS3 quality no. But I didn't expect that but for a handheld. I am very impressed.

It does have slow down in play call screen and seen so lag during player going in motion but overall better than I expected.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #34
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden 13 PS Vita Demo Available Now, Post Impresssions

I'm a casual Madden gamer, and I have walked away very impressed with this game. Really fun. I want to pick it up but I was planning on purchasing the 360 version... what to do.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I'm a casual Madden gamer, and I have walked away very impressed with this game. Really fun. I want to pick it up but I was planning on purchasing the 360 version... what to do.
buy both...

reserve the Vita version at amazon and get it for $35...plus you'll get $10 credit I believe. Reserve the 360 version and you'll get $15 credit to use... so that's $25 in credit to use on other stuff. (so it would be like you'll have spent $70 on both games, if use that credit on something else you would have got anyway)

kind of complicated....what I'm doing is

reserve the PS3 version at Toys R' Us and I'll get it for $45...will have to wait a few days, BUT I'm getting the digital version on the PlayStation store of the Vita version for the regular price of $39.99. So that's $85 spent on my part to have both...eh, worth it for me.

I would do the same thing like you, but I want the digital version for my Vita. It would've been cool if Sony had a bundle for the PS Store that gave you both (PS3/Vita) Digital copies of Madden for a good price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 14

very impressed with this title. Vibrant screen, good crisp graphics, the best handheld graphics in a football game ever. controls where really responsive. the only downfall is no connectivity to ps3 version. because after playing ps3 i don't know if i would ever stop to play the vita version.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #37
Rookie

Victory23's Arena

OVR: 6
Well after taking FOREVER to download (started at like 7:30), I finally played my first game.

I'm impressed with what they were able to do for a first output but there are still some kinks to be worked out.

I'm not sure whether it was because I was playing on Pro difficulty, but the Giants literally only threw the ball 3 times during the game, and those were the final three plays of a 10-0 win. I'll play the game on All-Pro next to see if that helps though.

The presentation was nice, only problems I had were fuzzy audio after a play finished and some stuttering here and there.

Overall it surpassed my expectations and I had a blast. For right now its a definite buy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

New England Patriots

Chicago Blackhawks

Washington Nationals

Chelsea FC

Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 14

just had a weird glitch. i was NE playing in the 1st qtr. and my commentary cut out for a few plays. well i go to pass and my screen turns white and the commentary kicks back and says safety and all the sudden the giants are awarded a safety. the ball was on -33 yard line and i watched the replay and its just like the game had a brain fart
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #39
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Dynamic Player Performance (DPP) is in!!! I could never get confirmation if this made it over to the Vita version, but yep, it is there. Prince was downgraded after getting burned by Welker ... so glad this is in.

As for my overall impression ... WOW.

Game plays very, very well on the Vita. The visuals at times are very stunning. The audio sounds great (especially with headphones on) and I like the touchscreen uses.

Day 1 purchase for me, now that I know for sure that DPP is in. Yeah, the 2-minute quarters are a drag for the demo, but all I needed was a glimpse at how this thing would play and it would answer all my questions I had about the game. I'm certain after playing 5 games that the gameplay is solid and with DPP and 12's Franchise Mode, I can see myself playing a lot of this version of Madden 13.

Well done, EA.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #40
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I was very impressed with the Vita demo, however 2 minute quarters was basically one drive on offense took the whole half, as did defense in the second half. Couldn't really do much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »