Home

Commentary after your first season

This is a discussion on Commentary after your first season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Commentary after your first season

All of us do this. We play though decades worth of football seasons and enjoy it a lot.

My question is does anyone know about the commentary. As we all heard from the demo. A lot of what they say is really specific. Mat Flynn being under Aaron Rodgers rg3 and his college time. Should we expect the commentators to be this specific about seasons past 10 seasons down the line?

NCAA sure does a good job of this. Wondering if anyone thought about it. I hope that the first season isnt the only season we get to witness some pretty decent and authentic commentary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Commentary after your first season

I was going to say no. But then I thought about it. With the player "stories", or whatever they're calling it, that they added, we might actually get something like this

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217

Last edited by Ky3217; 08-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

NCAA does a good job with commentary? Hmmm to each his own there I suppose.

Good question though. I wonder this as well. I'd say it might due to the player storylines but I remember how they did the cool Super Bowl presentations for all 32 teams and then I won another one with the same team and it was blandly generic.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
MVP

jknott10's Arena

OVR: 17
I'm curious about this as well. Since I probably won't be playing the player mode in CCM I'll be spending all my time in a franchise.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm sure this will be improved over previous years with the storylines, although I doubt the level of depth would continue. You maybe get a few generic things, like a mention of their college of draft position, but I highly doubt it would have anything to do with sitting on the bench in previous seasons, or even specific statistical records they may have achieved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I dont think it will be dynamic, but it I dont think it will be as bad as last year. For example they used to say here comes Tom Brady, 11th year man out of Michigan or Mark Sanchez who led his team to the AFC championship Last Year.

Only from the demo it sounds a little better. For example it says Here is Alex Smith who led his team to the NFC Championship in 2011. RG III who won the Heisman Trophy in College. They dont say last year, which makes it accurate, but after a few years outdated.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

I won another one with the same team and it was blandly generic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »