Home

Xbox 360 vs. PS3

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 vs. PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGators11
Just wondering for those who have both systems if you notice any difference? For me the Xbox version is a little blurrier and less crisp. You can really tell this by looking at the name of the person your controlling. Besides that I don't notice much difference. I might actually go with ps3 version for the first time ever.
i have both..i have very high end home theater equipment along with a high end plasma 58inch hdtv that was professionally calibrated. I did the switching of video input in my remote with both demo's running.

My overall impressions is that there is very less difference of the 360 and ps3 versions than any other previous madden to date so that is a good thing for the ps3 owners. I personally liked the 360 version a bit better..the colors popped out a bit more and it was not as sluggish as the ps3 in certain area's but honestly..the difference is hardly noticeable.

Keep in mind my HDTV as stated has been professional calibrated and picture settings on both hdmi inputs are identical for my ps3 and 360.

Its a win win for which ever console you own this year imho..i'll be going with 360 because i think it looks a tad better and less sluggish in some area.s
Old 08-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
It does not play smoother on the ps3...that is nonsense and it does not look as smooth as the 360....How many times we go over this each year....This gen the 360 will always be a lot better or a smidge better when it comes to multi platform games.
and with that statement you lose credibility with the rest of your post. There are many multiplat games that are "better" or a "smidge better" on the PS3. Its not zero, and its not one...but many. Are there more on the 360, because it is the lead console for most games...yes. But again, your statement is false.

we can start with EA published games like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed Shift 2, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2

I can list others from other 3rd Party studios, but its not worth getting deep into it with you because of this statement as well... "that is nonsense.....How many times we go over this each year"

you already have made your mind up without doing research, but more so general consensus maybe? I don't know how you can come at another poster with such aggression....and to tell him what he sees with his own eyes is "nonsense"?..lol wow.

edit- and how can you say "How many times we go over this each year" expecting him to know what you are talking about as if you been posting here, spreading your wisdom...when you just joined a few months ago?

Last edited by Afrikan; 08-17-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #35
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
i have both..i have very high end home theater equipment along with a high end plasma 58inch hdtv that was professionally calibrated. I did the switching of video input in my remote with both demo's running.

My overall impressions is that there is very less difference of the 360 and ps3 versions than any other previous madden to date so that is a good thing for the ps3 owners. I personally liked the 360 version a bit better..the colors popped out a bit more and it was not as sluggish as the ps3 in certain area's but honestly..the difference is hardly noticeable.

Keep in mind my HDTV as stated has been professional calibrated and picture settings on both hdmi inputs are identical for my ps3 and 360.

Its a win win for which ever console you own this year imho..i'll be going with 360 because i think it looks a tad better and less sluggish in some area.s

The tv type or the calibration you paid for has zero to do with the graphical part of madden.

You can have a million dollar tv and the game will still look better on the 360. It has to do with the game itself and not the tv you have.

I agree that the game is closer to 360 then ever before but it is not on the same level regardless of the tv type
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #36
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
and with that statement you lose credibility with the rest of your post. There are many multiplat games that are "better" or a "smidge better" on the PS3. Its not zero, and its not one...but many. Are there more on the 360, because it is the lead console for most games...yes. But again, your statement is false.

we can start with EA published games like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed Shift 2, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2

I can list others from other 3rd Party studios, but its not worth getting deep into it with you because of this statement as well... "that is nonsense.....How many times we go over this each year"

you already have made your mind up without doing research, but more so general consensus maybe? I don't know how you can come at another poster with such aggression....and to tell him what he sees with his own eyes is "nonsense"?..lol wow.

edit- and how can you say "How many times we go over this each year" expecting him to know what you are talking about as if you been posting here, spreading your wisdom...when you just joined a few months ago?
Ummm excuse me let me rephrase that...SPORTS GAMES....

And it is truth about sports games always being lesser on the ps3....That is not an over the top argument. And just because I joined recently does not mean I did not browse the site when madden comes out. Is my statement false that each year the constant which is better debate pops up several times or are you going to deny that as well.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Ummm excuse me let me rephrase that...SPORTS GAMES....

And it is truth about sports games always being lesser on the ps3....That is not an over the top argument. And just because I joined recently does not mean I did not browse the site when madden comes out. Is my statement false that each year the constant which is better debate pops up several times or are you going to deny that as well.
NBA 2k7 for PS3 - True 1080p......7 players local
NBA 2k7 for 360 - 720p.........4 players limit local

Madden 07 PS3 - better AF...detailed players...gang tackling
Madden 07 360- did not have gang tackling

just some examples.

the differences (besides Madden 08, which I'll never forget nor forgive) is so minute that you can take other things into consideration...what's better, local player count? Better Sound Quality, maybe lossless?...more durable disc? free online?

Last edited by Afrikan; 08-17-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #38
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

I played both on my 32 inch vizio, xbox looks better and runs better. The crowd looks way better on xbox,players seem blocky still on ps3,players also seemed smaller on xbox imo. But I like the ps3 controller over xbox controller so I go with ps3...
Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

For those with both that are switching components back and forth to try and tell the difference please do this. Focus on the name of the person your clicked on. Not anyone else just you. So if your on offense look at the QBs name and tell me it's not 100% sharper on ps3. Just look at that and you'll soon start to see everything is a little sharper
Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #40
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Icon4 Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Quote:
You will be able to but not as quick as the ps3 version...PS3 version will be available release day for download the 360 perhaps a month or 2 later

you mean you wont be able to purchase madden 13 as a download on xbox live until a month or 2 after its release date? why is it like that?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »