Home

Xbox 360 vs. PS3

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 vs. PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

I have a 60 inch Mitsubishi DLP and for some reason even with HDMI cables Madden has jagged edges for some reason...Madden and Ncaa are the only games I have that's showing up like this...This is with an Xbox 360....But I I also have a PS3 and it looks about the same I don't believe you can go wrong with buying it for an xbox or ps3 this year.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Obvious fan boy is obvious. Your apparent bias makes you lose all credibility. If you knew as much as you say you would know settings on a TV most definitely makes a difference in how games look. Maybe not graphics wise, but how it looks? Yes most definitely. If you believe that is not true then you are simply blind to your bias.

Not on the same level? You make it seem like you are comparing the Xbox 360 to the PS2...
You missed the point he was making. If the problem is in the game development, then TV settings do not matter. That has been the case with both madden and NBA 2k games IMO.

It hasn't just been contrast/sharpness/brightness/color etc like some think.

I think this years the ps3 version is much closer to equal then last years, but IMO still looks better on the 360.

And if anything, I am a PS3 fanboy since I own 2, purchased one at release@$600, and didn't have a Xbox from 2006-2007 and 2009-2011 from rrod's.....

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-18-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #51
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Ive been doing alot of comparing of the 2 versions today and i have found that the PS3 version is showing full replays from all kinds of different angles.The xbox is cutting them short,sometimes they start in the middle of the play and so on.. I hope the retail version this is fixed on the xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 14

Well I downloaded both and without question the 360 looks alot better to me. The replays seem alot better on the PS3 though. This is with the best TV ever made Pioneer Elite Plasma 60" and yes it's professionally calibrated. Also my 360 is still the original launch one so just component cables but running at 1080p. PS3 doesn't look bad but after seeing the 2 in action the 360 is a lot prettier. Plus I prefer the 360 controller.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just played 2 full games on each all back-to-back. First of all the replays change the entire experience for me. I skip them on xbox as they are pointless while they really add to the presentation on ps3. It really is that different.

These are my opinions. Yes there are less jaggies on xbox but it comes at the expense of blur. Switching back and forth i keep squinting when playing xbox as if my eyes are tired. Obviously a non-issue if not going back and forth.

Next, the xbox is slightly more vibrant and striking but looks more cartoonish when compared back to back due to the saturation of color and lighting.

Next, I swear it controls better on xbox. The input lag just seems less. I may try a different ps3 controller to confirm.

Next, I almost swear very slow on xbox is ever so slightly slower on xbox, which I prefer.

If I had to purchase today it would be really hard. It feels slightly better on xbox but I literally refuse to play that version anymore due to the replays and how much they are improved on ps3. Visually TO ME it is a tie, each having pros and cons but I would lean ps3 because in my 40's I will take the sharper image.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
I just played 2 full games on each all back-to-back. First of all the replays change the entire experience for me. I skip them on xbox as they are pointless while they really add to the presentation on ps3. It really is that different.

These are my opinions. Yes there are less jaggies on xbox but it comes at the expense of blur. Switching back and forth i keep squinting when playing xbox as if my eyes are tired. Obviously a non-issue if not going back and forth.

Next, the xbox is slightly more vibrant and striking but looks more cartoonish when compared back to back due to the saturation of color and lighting.

Next, I swear it controls better on xbox. The input lag just seems less. I may try a different ps3 controller to confirm.

Next, I almost swear very slow on xbox is ever so slightly slower on xbox, which I prefer.

If I had to purchase today it would be really hard. It feels slightly better on xbox but I literally refuse to play that version anymore due to the replays and how much they are improved on ps3. Visually TO ME it is a tie, each having pros and cons but I would lean ps3 because in my 40's I will take the sharper image.
I agree with a lot of your points. I was surprised to see the PS3 was actually "sharper" myself. I also thought it felt a bit faster...but I think it's just the controller which is a little sloppy feeling compared to the 360 controller IMO.

But I think the 360 still looks a bit better.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #55
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Something else i just noticed,running animations look better to me on the ps3,The running backs seem to be more grounded to the field and better footplanting.I really have been studying the replays.Im really on the fence this year deciding which version to pick up....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #56
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith

2 things. The replays will be fixed in retail from what I read on twitter. That is a non issue and second thing is that the replays on ps3 are better but comes at the expense of having a freeze lag each time you click on x to get to the play screen or at times it freezes for a second during the motion blur. Does not happen at all on the 360

The colors are to cartoonish? Well this is where tv settings do apply because it has zero to do with the graphical quality

Lower your color saturation and problem fixed.

Performance wise they are identical and the ps3 is very good graphically but suffers from jaggies and shadow details is not very good as the 360

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »