Home

Xbox 360 vs. PS3

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 vs. PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
2 things. The replays will be fixed in retail from what I read on twitter. That is a non issue and second thing is that the replays on ps3 are better but comes at the expense of having a freeze lag each time you click on x to get to the play screen or at times it freezes for a second during the motion blur. Does not happen at all on the 360

The colors are to cartoonish? Well this is where tv settings do apply because it has zero to do with the graphical quality

Lower your color saturation and problem fixed.

Performance wise they are identical and the ps3 is very good graphically but suffers from jaggies and shadow details is not very good as the 360
The bold is def true. Even at coin toss the shadows on PS3 looked jaggy and like Gran Turismo 5's shadows(blocky like).

Again,
buying a PS3 copy isn't the worst thing, they are closer this year then they have been this entire generation IMO. If you have the choice, and friends aren't a issue, I'd grab the 360. Either way I am sure it will be fun if you like the game.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cool...glad to hear the replays are going to be fixed. I also agree it is probably the sloppy controller.

Thanks for that info...decision is going to be tough this year!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #59
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Graphically, there isn't going to be a big enough difference to really enjoy one game more than the other. Go with the system with the control that feels most comfortable to you. I have a 360 and ps3, but I get all my sports games for 360 just because I prefer the feel of the controller.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #60
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

360 for me, controller and xbox live.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #61
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

After playing both Demos, I came to the conclusions that small tooth combs give me a headache. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
Next, I swear it controls better on xbox. The input lag just seems less. I may try a different ps3 controller to confirm.

Next, I almost swear very slow on xbox is ever so slightly slower on xbox, which I prefer.
I'm in the same boat. Played both demo's last night and while I could not tell much of a difference on the graphics, I felt the gameplay on the 360 was better than the PS3. I was playing default All-Pro with very slow speed and was able to run better on the 360 in every game I played.

Normally I'm a PS3 gamer while my 360 collects dust, but I think I'm going to get Madden for the 360 this year. It just felt better to me.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #63
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

these threads make me laugh a bit, yes of course there going to be slight differences to to graphics due to different hard ware and so forth, but when guys say it plays better on one system over the other is really just the imagination, I have both systems and bot demos, and like I said the 360 may look a little more vibrant, but control wise THEY PLAY THE SAME, its the SAME game...LOL.. so of you are funny..
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #64
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
You missed the point he was making. If the problem is in the game development, then TV settings do not matter. That has been the case with both madden and NBA 2k games IMO.

It hasn't just been contrast/sharpness/brightness/color etc like some think.

I think this years the ps3 version is much closer to equal then last years, but IMO still looks better on the 360.

And if anything, I am a PS3 fanboy since I own 2, purchased one at release@$600, and didn't have a Xbox from 2006-2007 and 2009-2011 from rrod's.....

I think that you and GaminLegend missed the point, actually. Although in GamingLegend's case, it probably has more to do with his biases than him missing the point really.

First, TV settings CAN impact how the game, a movie, TV, images, etc, look. To think that they don't is categorically wrong. That's the whole point of a calibration. To get your settings set properly so that you can actually see what the movie director, game designer, image maker, etc, intends for you to see.

DNIE or EE can adversely effect PQ by adding more jaggies than are actually in the game. NR can soften and mute details that are in a game or movie for that matter. Improper grayscale can cause color inaccuracies. Improper gamma can cause black crush or loss of shadow detail. Ditto Black Level correctors. As someone that does calibrations, I could go on. That isn't the point though.

The point that he was making is that he compared the two systems on the same TV, with the same type of connection, and that both inputs were professionally calibrated, to say that they were both tested under the same optimal conditions, and that is how he performed his testing.

In other words, they were tested under controlled conditions so any discrepancies are NOT due to one having a better method of connection, or one is tested with one set of settings and the other, another set. That's all.

Nothing to do with him saying that the calibration made one look better, although I can guarantee the both of you, that I can most definitely make the 360 version look much worse JUST by adjusting TV settings lol.

FYI, that actually happens on many YouTube video comparisons when a PS3/360 fanboy wants to "prove" their POV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »