Home

Has the demo changed your mind about buying Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Has the demo changed your mind about buying Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Has the demo changed your mind about buying Madden 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit_95
I was a definite buy as I always am, but I'm really really dissapointed in this demo. I honestly think I might pass this year. I have been reading a lot of these posts mans I'm seeing a lot more dislikes than likes for this demO. My question is really for the game changers ,particularly the ones who attended the community day. How was there such a overwhelming wow from you guys, and such a negative response now? I get it some is just negative for the sake of being negative, but a lot is really justifiable dissapointment. What happened to 85% of everyone loving it? Where's the game of the year talk that dominated June 4? Not trying to be disrespectful but I'd love to know what some of you guys see in this that you are so pleased with. Thanks.
Super LBs gone!

Phsycic Dbs gone!

Passing game is improved

Animations feel more life like than they have been in years

Most of the freestyle gameplay is not there anymore but the jury is still out

Presentation is better than its ever been and making nice strides for future maddens

Just seems like this team is really on the right track and I can't be mad, first time in a long time I can honestly say that I'm excited for next year and this madden isn't even out yet. Line I have said before, I'm looking for perfection, just wanting to have the game play close to what we see on Sunday and I feel next ten will deliver that in spades after playing this demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #82
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I agree. I went back and played a game of 12 and was like wow! what a difference. My wife said it looked the same to her too, until I turned on 12 again and she was like now I see the difference.
All that stuff you are noticing is esthetics. So it looks prettier. I can still run an HB slam and get the same yardage running it the same way. All the passing plays are the same, no difference from the DB interaction. I can still run a cross route and complete the same percentage as before. It looks better but the gameplay feels exactly the same.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 14

I was prolly not picking it up but after playing the demo I will definitely get it.
Presentation was vey nice, gameplay felt right and the graphics just blew me away.
If only 2K could use EA's graphics engine!!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Super LBs gone!

Phsycic Dbs gone!

Passing game is improved

Animations feel more life like than they have been in years

Most of the freestyle gameplay is not there anymore but the jury is still out

Presentation is better than its ever been and making nice strides for future maddens

Just seems like this team is really on the right track and I can't be mad, first time in a long time I can honestly say that I'm excited for next year and this madden isn't even out yet. Line I have said before, I'm looking for perfection, just wanting to have the game play close to what we see on Sunday and I feel next ten will deliver that in spades after playing this demo.
I get all that. Glad that stuff is gone. But, the "step in the right direction" sentiment is troubling to me. Didnt we all say that about Madden 10? How bout a home run out of the park rather than always just hope for the future?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 3

I'm confused on how people have so many complaints about the game for years, but still say they are going to buy it?

EA is still getting your money, for a product you deemed bad? where is the logic in that?

I think some people buy it just to complain about it or they just don't want to be left out

You guys are one of the reasons things take forever to change

Last edited by Mouse; 08-16-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Not at all.

Pre-ordered in April; keeping my pre-order. While not perfect, the game seems much improved to me over the last few versions, based on the demo. Looking forward to playing the retail version.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 1

thats all very nice for the offence, if they havent figured how olbs cant get pressure on your D in a 3-4 etc etc. football has 3 sides, making 1 slightly better wont please all.

my other problem is the things that were dropped, editing/playbooks. ea shouldnt assume everyone is going to be happy
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #88
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
thats all very nice for the offence, if they havent figured how olbs cant get pressure on your D in a 3-4 etc etc. football has 3 sides, making 1 slightly better wont please all.

my other problem is the things that were dropped, editing/playbooks. ea shouldnt assume everyone is going to be happy
I can't speak for everyone, but I've noticed my OLB's getting more sacks this year. I get sacks almost every game with Aldon Smith, Ahmad brooks, and Orakpo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »