Home

Has the demo changed your mind about buying Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Has the demo changed your mind about buying Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #25
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has the demo changed your mind about buying Madden 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Agh, I hate that we always have to adjust sliders to make the game playable.
Every single sports game since the invention of sliders has played better after adjustment. There is literally no exception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Agh, I hate that we always have to adjust sliders to make the game playable.
Straw, there isn't a sports game I own that I don't mess with sliders.

Now, online gamers can do the same.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

I was leaning to NOT buying the game simply when I heard you couldnt take full control of your franchise, create players, make trades for other teams, adjust rosters, and PLAY RANDOM GAMES around the league like the Sunday and Monday Night games and all the playoff games....

But I when I heard that EA is going to a physics based engine, I thought I was in heaven and we would finally see completely organic and dynamic play on the field which would make each down, each game feel so different. So I convinced myself that I will live with the lack of the above issues if I can finally have true physics based gameplay. So I definitely considered Madden a BUY

Well after playing the demo, I am sadly underwhelmed of what this physics engine actually brought to the table. In fact, as I've stated in the impressions, I actually think not only did the physics based engine NOT improve the game at all for me, I think it actually becomes such a distraction and demonstration of sloppy unnatural physics, that the gameplay actually feels inferior to their older but more finely tuned and polished canned animation system that at least gave you a better sense of immersion and interaction.

So sadly, at this point I think I am going to pass and just stick with another season of All Pro 2K8 with the updated NFL rosters for this year....It plays a much better game of football in my eyes.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #28
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

I always buy Madden and NCAA. I can't remember a time that I didnt.

After playing a few games on the Madden demo I was almost certain I wouldn't buy the game. Then I played the game on Slow and messed with some sliders. After playing more games like that, I am now going to buy it. My recommendation is to tweak it a little before you make a final decision. Mess with sliders, change gameplay speed, do whatever people on here suggest. I understand those who think we shouldn't HAVE to do these things, but once you do, it makes the game MUCH more enjoyable. I will be buying the game now.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #29
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

definitely buying it after playing the demo on slow for 4 games. was probably going to get it before but now im excited that I can FEEL the changes in the gameplay and thats what matters to me. people can cry about how crazy the players look after the play sometimes, its a video game. i just want it to feel right. i feel like i can throw any kind of pass now, even with defenders around and thats a huge plus. so what if i saw players sack the quarterback for a second time after the play was over because they were colliding into each other..lol
Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #30
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Straw, there isn't a sports game I own that I don't mess with sliders.

Now, online gamers can do the same.
Nah, the problem isn't that I have to adjust sliders. The issue is that I have to do it to make the game like actually playable, like, I've played games where the gameplay is alright from the start and the sliders will make it a somewhat significant improvement, but I hate that I have to adjust sliders to make Madden even come close to what they advertise.

Of course I adjust sliders myself for pretty much a good chunk if not all of the sports games that I own.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #31
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

No, the Demo make me wont my hands on the complete game. I cant wait!

Last edited by Gorilla Glass; 08-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 3

Absolutely purchasing on day 1.
Im actually kinda scared that they tone down the physics too much for the retail version.
I don't want anything that resembles last year and all previous Maddens.
As long as the physics are still intact I will be ecstatic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »