Home

Uhhm has anyone else noticed that the infinity engine. . .

This is a discussion on Uhhm has anyone else noticed that the infinity engine. . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Uhhm has anyone else noticed that the infinity engine. . .

Doesn't actually....do anything?

It has literally 0 effect on the gameplay whatsoever other than POST-Tackle animations. We still have the same tackle animations as all the other games (see a 1 on 1 tackle)
Still no Re/ROLB pass rush, Dwight Howard linebackers are still in the game, and cornerbacks STILL run your routes just as fast or in most cases (out routes) faster than you do. I know this might sound cliche, but this game failed in 3pic proportion

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
And for the record I didn't post this in the impressions thread because I'm not talking about the demo I am strictly referring to the infinity engine in and of itself.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Uhhm has anyone else noticed that the infinity engine. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey sandwich
Doesn't actually....do anything?

It has literally 0 effect on the gameplay whatsoever other than POST-Tackle animations. We still have the same tackle animations as all the other games (see a 1 on 1 tackle)
Still no Re/ROLB pass rush, Dwight Howard linebackers are still in the game, and cornerbacks STILL run your routes just as fast or in most cases (out routes) faster than you do. I know this might sound cliche, but this game failed in 3pic proportion

In bold - I completely agree with. Some psychic corners have run routes IN FRONT OF my receivers like they already knew what route was coming.

As for the engine. I think it's noticeable because I've had some weird things happen. Like LaMichael James basically cartwheeling to the side when he gets tackled. If anything, it's a bit much.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Uhhm has anyone else noticed that the infinity engine. . .

Locked...this topic is based on the version of the infinity engine in the demo so its a demo impression. Please use the thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »