Home

BILLS fans buying 13' Prepare for disappointment.

This is a discussion on BILLS fans buying 13' Prepare for disappointment. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #25
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
It sucks not just because the pic is the same, but because for people who play as the bills, our team essentially looks exactly the same every year, with no updates. Player faces, pics, player models, etc. haven't changed in years. And now equipment will be the same too.

Even bills rookies are always messed up in madden. I expect Gilmore and Gibson to look horrible in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: BILLS fans buying 13' Prepare for disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I know it bothers you but there are over 2000 players in the nfl. I personally would rather them spend the time elsewhere than making sure everyone has an updated picture. Focus on the guys that are a big draw to the purchase... Just my .02

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
It shouldn't be one or the other. We are paying $60 for a game. It's in the game is their slogan.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #27
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

I think the reason why stampede is upset is because his team doesn't seem to have the same detail in a game he's paying a hard earned $60 for. I know it seems minor, but some of us feel that if we are paying $60 for a game that constantly claims to be True to the NFL and authentic and all that other nonsense, we deserve to have to the same level of detail for all teams. I know there are a lot of players in the NFL, and if it is hard to get all the portraits right, they should give us the control to change them ourselves.

Overall, this thread itself might have not been the most necessary, and the way Stampede brought it across might have been a little to hasty, but overall, I get why he is complaining.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 32

I agree to some extent, but it is not like the his portrait isn't in the game. I mean so what.. the portrait is a few years old.

I'm think I am going to have side with some other arguments here. I would much rather them work on the important things. They have a deadline and limited time frames to work with.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I know it bothers you but there are over 2000 players in the nfl. I personally would rather them spend the time elsewhere than making sure everyone has an updated picture. Focus on the guys that are a big draw to the purchase... Just my .02

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
AGREED.

Get the gameplay perfect first, then worry about other things. Like I've said before, I dont even care if there aren't cut scenes, or halftime shows or pre-game crap or teams coming out of the tunnel....that stuff means nothing to me if the gameplay isn't top notch. Get the gameplay close to perfect and then I'll worry about who's portraits are correct or not lol
Old 08-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #30
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
AGREED.

Get the gameplay perfect first, then worry about other things. Like I've said before, I dont even care if there aren't cut scenes, or halftime shows or pre-game crap or teams coming out of the tunnel....that stuff means nothing to me if the gameplay isn't top notch. Get the gameplay close to perfect and then I'll worry about who's portraits are correct or not lol

Programmers working on gameplay have 0% to do with the people working on menu integration. Updating all player portraits could be done in one day by just a handful of people.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
They have a deadline and limited time frames to work with.
You know this isn't really a legitimate excuse, right? EA could easily hire a dozen more programmers if they wanted to. They choose how many staff members to hire, and by doing so they choose how much they can get accomplished in a given development cycle. The way they make that decision is they measure how much they can leave out and still make a profit. They decided that the money it would cost to hire someone to update things like player portraits would not be worth it because it would not make them enough extra profits.

What people need to realize is that "it's in the game" stuff is a slogan, not a promise.

I for one would love update portraits every year. I know for sure there are players in the league who have had the same portrait for a lot longer than three years. I know though that it's not going to happen because not enough people out there care enough about portraits to have it affect their decision of buying the game or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #32
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Programmers working on gameplay have 0% to do with the people working on menu integration. Updating all player portraits could be done in one day by just a handful of people.
Thats fine but thats besides the point for me. I don't care if they don't want to hire people to do that or if they're too lazy to do it. Just get the gameplay down pat and you'll always have a customer from me...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »