Home

All Madden and Artificial Difficulty

This is a discussion on All Madden and Artificial Difficulty within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: All Madden and Artificial Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstar12
No, I haven't played just ONE game. I've been playing Madden since I could walk. And you have to be kidding me with the dropped passes thing. OF COURSE it happens, I love that it does happen, but 5 drops in one half is unrealistic. It can happen, but it happens consistently. Roddy White led the league in drops last year with 15, but some years I have WRs with over 30 drops, and multiple receivers up there. Sometimes its me running them in to coverage and they can't make a tough catch. That I'm fine with. But any starting receiving corps in the league catches the ball most of the time in space. Thats why the crowd GROANS when it happens, because its a mental error, usually not a problem that just happens game in and game out, multiple times a game.

This has been a problem on All Madden. I usually turn up WR Catching to about a 33 and its good to go.

Again, not one example. And did you not read how I'm getting to them in the backfield, when a running back has least momentum and power? Escaping Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas repeatedly? You aren't treated the same as the computer, the numbers are literally pitted against you. These have been All Madden problems in next gen. Last gen, All Madden was really fun to play on. I'd say the change came in 11 when the computer just became cheap.

I've won games on the demo on All Madden. I like losing: its fun! But I don't like the tactics the computer uses to do it. I don't know how EA justifies it. They really need to put some thought back into difficulty.

Ok now i see where you're coming from. I had this image of someone who was upset because their receivers weren't catching every pass, they were getting killed in the running game and they just wanted things to always work out the way they should. My mistake.

You have a legitimate beef with all-madden mode. They way they have it set up is just silly. Reducing all the user skills to 25...that's such a poor and lazy way to simulate difficulty.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Pro with slider tweaks is still the most "fair" as far as difficulty goes.

Had a great set for 12 that gave me some of the best games of the next gen editions.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Ok now i see where you're coming from. I had this image of someone who was upset because their receivers weren't catching every pass, they were getting killed in the running game and they just wanted things to always work out the way they should. My mistake.

You have a legitimate beef with all-madden mode. They way they have it set up is just silly. Reducing all the user skills to 25...that's such a poor and lazy way to simulate difficulty.
You are absolutely right that its lazy.

Just played a half against the Redskins. Roy Helu still did crazy things but I kept him contained.

What was even crazier was dropped passes, again.
Drops:
Zach Miller - 3
Doug Baldwin - 2
Sidney Rice - 2
Mike Williams - 1
Winslow - 1

That is nine drops for one team in one half. MY GOODNESS.

EA, for crying out loud, make a real difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Heisman is playable for me for the first time ever in NCAA 13 this year, strength cheats, and speed cheats are gone. I don't play demos so I don't know how it is in Madden this year, but if those two areas have been addressed in Madden this year too, then I will be able to make some nice All-Madden sliders for myself.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
*facepalm* It's simple: Because humans will ALWAYS outsmart the CPU. Always. Go play any game where strategy is involved in a human vs CPU environment. RTS games, sports games, etc. On the higher difficulties, the CPU will cheat to some degree.
Basically this. It really shows in football games because unlike other games Hockey/Basketball/Baseball there's a mandatory playcall every down. Other sports are more free flowing.

Since the CPU will not be able to match a HUM in terms of playcalling strategy, audibles/adjustments and personnel choices...they give the CPU stat boosts instead (or guess your playcall ). Understandable, but the only problem is they seemingly refuse to attempt to make the CPU better strategically. So you still see things like CPU running or passing is spots where it makes no sense, etc.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstar12
Why does EA persist on making All Madden artificially difficult?

Is it because they can't program the CPU to be any smarter than it is?

As a guy who likes playing on All Madden, it really is "maddening." In the first half of my game vs. the Redskins on the 13 demo, I had 5 dropped passes with different receivers. It is obscenely frustrating when you finally are able to beat the defense and your WR drops the ball for no reason, running in the open.

The CPU running backs are always overpowered, breaking millions of tackles no matter who they are. Roy Helu constantly gets break away runs after being hit in the backfield. Meanwhile, I have Marshawn Lynch, who still doesn't have a broken tackle and has 34 yards on 7 carries.

I know there are sliders. I had a great set that I really liked on Madden 12. But how does EA find this good/fun? For someone less determined, I would probably drop the game because All Pro is simply too easy for me.
Simple adjustment is to lower either the accuracy or pass blocking down 5 points then add those 5 points to the USER catching and the gameplay and AI will stay at All-Madden but you fixed the USER catching Issue.

For the rushing I like to lower the USER runblocking down to 0 and take those 25 points and add it to the USER breaktackles to bring it to 50 to match up with the CPUs tackling. You still keep the rushing category total at 75 which gives you the All-Madden AI but you fixed the breaktackle issue you were having. You can also drop the CPUs blockshedding down since you lowered the USER runblocking to 0..

There's plenty of ways to fix the All-Madden issues that are bothering you. Follow my thread in the slider forum..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

I create sliders playable for all gamers.. All-Madden Beginners, mid level gamers, and elite players..
Old 08-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 13 All Madden

Can someone explain why EA still has the All Madden computer stat boost in the 13 demo? Its been frustrating playing with both the Redskins and the Seahawks and watching the same thing happen (USER dropped wide open passes, pressure with only 3 rushers/can't generate any pressure of my own, computer plays perfect man coverage/my corners can't cover a soul). I don't understand, I know the computer is supposed to get better as the difficulty increases, but to make my players worse AND make the computer better? I don't understand. Anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 13 All Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakam5545
Can someone explain why EA still has the All Madden computer stat boost in the 13 demo? Its been frustrating playing with both the Redskins and the Seahawks and watching the same thing happen (USER dropped wide open passes, pressure with only 3 rushers/can't generate any pressure of my own, computer plays perfect man coverage/my corners can't cover a soul). I don't understand, I know the computer is supposed to get better as the difficulty increases, but to make my players worse AND make the computer better? I don't understand. Anyone?
This wasn't already explained? The higher the difficulty, the greater the challenge. If you aren't happy with it, lower the difficulty or adjust sliders.

Your players are lowered in their abilities and the CPU is raised in their abilities in order to give those who really desire a true "challenge" a difficulty setting to play on. It's really just that simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »