Home

Madden NFL 13 video from Shopmaster (retail)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 video from Shopmaster (retail) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 video from Shopmaster (retail)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I haven't spent extensive time with the demo but people have mentioned some poor clock mgmt stuff on the part of the AI, and we can see some of that with the Oakland/KC contest.

Oakland is winning 10-3 with 1:14 left in the fourth. Why are they in shotgun and passing on first down?
I'm not saying the AI logic isn't a problem, but its not that bad in this situation. KC had all 3 of their timeouts so you still need a first down to seal the game. The type of pass called was questionable at best, but the fact they were in the gun passing isn't that unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #42
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't like this.

Look at how the Total Control Passing actually went pretty high, but the Raiders defender quickly raised his arms up and made a play at light speed and the ball went magnetically into his hands.

Maybe that's why I didn't like the total control passing in the demo. It never works on slants or out routes.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #43
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Wow. Didn't really see any weird quirks caused by the physics engine at the same rate of the demo.

That's great.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #44
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Like this

Don't like this

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #45
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Like this
Was my favorite moment in the video. Looked so good.

Quote:
Don't like this
Yeah, seems that some small taps will turn into looking like big hits because of IE.

Overall though, I'm pleased to see that it looks like IE has been tuned. No where near the same amount weird "ragdoll moments" as there are in the demo (at least based on what's shown).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #46
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Like this

Don't like this
The fullback doesn't even seem to look at the SS, not to mention how the RB gets laid out.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #47
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Like this

Don't like this
In the second play the user dives into the line with Helu. I actually like this result more than last year where the animation would automatically make him glide for 2-3 yards. Still doesnt look good (would rather seem him driven into the ground than fetal position) but I dont expect to be diving into the line of scrimmage when I play.

The one thing that I can't stand is the brace for impact animation. The runner does it way too often even when you don't try to use the truck stick and it looks completly unnatural.

I feel like I can live with the strange physics that are still in the retail just for my own personal enjoyment. The canned animations looked fantastic but every year I couldn't justify picking Madden up to play after two months of heavy play becuase I had basically seen eveything scripted out, tackles wise. The physics engine while it does have some warts allows for that anything can happen feel. One example from my last game, I was backed up to the goal line and Sopoaga was engaged and turned and Bradshaw tried to run off his back and tripped over Sopoaga's legs. Was beautiful to see and last year he would have slid right by. Combine that with some of the excellent physics in the open field and its that randomness that I feel will keep me playing for much longer than previous years.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 08-16-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #48
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope the cpu play calling is fixed in the real game in the demo i was wining by 3 the cpu is on my 15 with 20 sec left to play. I call a t.o. 5 seconds left they line up for a run play so i quick press start switch the controller to the cpu side then i jump the line so I end up kicking the fg for them so it goes into overtime just uncalled for unreal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »