Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Very nice roundtable guys. Very fair and spot on IMHO.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

I liked the gameplay. I could actually pass effectively on a consistent basis (unlike on NCAA), though when it came to running, I had to run to the outside to consistently pick up yards when I played with the Giants (with the Seahawks, Beast Mode had no such problems against the 'Skins).

When it comes to game speed, I've always gone with "Normal" which has been good enough for me. I'll give "Slow" a shot to see what all the fuss is about.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Old 08-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

I don't know, Slow did NOTHING to make the game that better, as the other flaws I found in the game are deal breaking IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
For me, we all knew what to expect based on the podcast. We were told on June 4th no overhauling of OL/DL, no player momentum, etc...

I ripped pretty hard on the tackling in the demo, but based on the retail builds I'm seeing, tacking is much improved from the demo.

I find it easier to grade what is in a game vs what not in, especially if I knew some things didn't make it in.

That's just me, though.

Same thing with a movie, I critique what's in the film, not the cutting room floor.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Great opinions as always guys. I also agree with some of the comments pointing out the benefit of playing on "slow" speed. I've really enjoyed All-Pro on slow with the demo. While there are odd things that occur physics-wise, the player movements and interaction are solid during actual gameplay. I think the total control passing and reprogrammed "psychic pass defenders" adjustment has made a huge improvement as well.

I haven't owned Madden for several years and just bought Madden 12 a month ago so I had something to compare the demo to. I'm seeing much bigger changes for the reasons I mentioned above. Also, I feel like slow speed and the new physics engine have improved the skating issue. Players feel heavier to me than they do in Madden 12. I also dropped the speed threshold down to around 5/10 and I really am enjoying the demo.

I think perspective has a lot to do with it. For someone that hasn't forked over cash on Madden in a while I'm excited to get it on day one. I'm a gameplay guy and I felt like the demo presented player movement, CPU AI, and other aspects as well or better than any football video game I've ever played. I didn't feel like the computer was cheating me out of anything. The results seemed pretty fluid/dynamic on each play.

My excitement is tempered, but I'm genuinely looking forward to the full game.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
I love the demo and that's all that matters. I know one thing, Fifa 12 had the same crazy animation issues when it went to the IE type of feature as well and we all know how that panned out. It was the greatest Fifa to date.

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 08-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm sorry but this game is going to be a hot mess. It's so wacky, I'm not sure how anyone can consider this a football game. It's like Madden 12 with new and added problems. Never once did I feel like I was playing a football simulation video game. It just feels cartoony and the menu music reminds me of college football. I don't know what they tried to do this year but they should have waited for next gen consoles to release the infinity engine. EA is really pressing their luck. I don't know if they just want to see how many people actually buy this faulty game or if they were actually satisfied in the product. Whatever the case, I feel bad for the parents, kids, madden fanatics, and NFL hunger fans that purchase this game. It's horrid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
The demo did in fact blow me away. The whole feel is what I imagined football would be in today's regard 15 years ago. The game is beautiful and smooth. The presentation is great. If you're someone that wants a change from recent Madden's get this one. I really can't believe how much flack this demo is getting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »