Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
I dont know what demo these writers played but this game is amazing. Sure the animations and twitching need work but this is by far the best Madden to date. My only concern is the frequency of dropped passes seems to be high. Thats easily fixed in a tuning update.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #50
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
By past games I'm guessing you mean 2K5? I know what 2K5's presentation was, and I think we all can agree that it's been pretty much unmatched by any sports game, not just Madden, to have that level of immersion from the presentation side of things.

That being said, I do think that this year's effort is a huge step. I used to be like that - if it doesn't match/surpass 2K5, it isn't any good. But like I said maybe it's just me getting older and having lower expectations but I was pretty impressed by what is in Madden 13, enough to overlook the lack of a fully featured halftime show or postgame show. And the halftime stats overview is a nice touch.

I think saying presentation is a 'joke' is being harsh. In past years, it was a joke with the horrible commentary. This year is a good step in the right direction.
Agreed that this year's version is a step in the right direction.

The reviews were spot-on in terms of issues that plague the game year after year, but the developers did a great job with the new passing game, the audio (the crowd sounds so much better than in NCAA and the commentary is much improved) and the new infinity engine. The infinity engine has some odd looking events and obviously needs to be worked on but it's a solid foundation that will continue to give this game a fresh feel that was sorely needed.

Does this Demo convince me to buy the retail version - I'm still up in the air on that but I haven't purchased a new version of Madden in years because this generation has been such a letdown so there are enough improvements to tempt me to do so. After playing the NCAA demo I was not inspired at all to buy it new but only did so at the $45 dollar price point and I regret doing that.....I don't think I would have the same regret with Madden this year.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

Also, I certainly judge on what is not there, or what has been removed. I don't care if they announce it before hand or not, it's going in the review and it will reflect negatively in the score as well.

Mcdonald's could announce all there hamburgers will now be served plan with nothing on them, and I will know what to expect if I buy one from them.....but I'm still gonna rate their hamburgers as a plain, boring hamburger that only die hard Mcdonald's fans should consider eating.
As I said Wheel, to each their own on that one.

I don't judge what didn't make it in a movie or CD, I'll won't change on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #52
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
By past games I'm guessing you mean 2K5? I know what 2K5's presentation was, and I think we all can agree that it's been pretty much unmatched by any sports game, not just Madden, to have that level of immersion from the presentation side of things.

That being said, I do think that this year's effort is a huge step. I used to be like that - if it doesn't match/surpass 2K5, it isn't any good. But like I said maybe it's just me getting older and having lower expectations but I was pretty impressed by what is in Madden 13, enough to overlook the lack of a fully featured halftime show or postgame show. And the halftime stats overview is a nice touch.

I think saying presentation is a 'joke' is being harsh. In past years, it was a joke with the horrible commentary. This year is a good step in the right direction.
I never said the presentation was a joke. I said the post game and halftime show were a joke.

And that's the reason why it's hard to feel immersed by the pregame cinematic intro.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #53
Rookie

One big problem with this game for me is that the receivers can never catch wide open passes. There has been multiple times when i've thrown to the end zone wide open and just drop the ball and this is with some of the best receivers in the game & the defensive AI seem ******** , they are pretty much useless i just hope they can fix some of these problems.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #54
MVP

Hats off to the dev team this year. They actually did a pretty good job. Hell, I went out and bought backbreaker the first day of release with that wacky physics engine, ya think I'm not purchasing Madden first day? Midnight release I'm there.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #55
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Hats off to the dev team this year. They actually did a pretty good job. Hell, I went out and bought backbreaker the first day of release with that wacky physics engine, ya think I'm not purchasing Madden first day? Midnight release I'm there.
My thoughts exactly though no mid-night since I got the ticket. Game is moving in the right direction and it's not EA' fault only game in town, its the NFL'. Can't wait to use my Boys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #56
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I don't think football will ever live up to the standard people are looking for. Sad to say but true, I believe.

The demo??? I like it. But yes, there are some funny looking "ragdoll" moments with the new physics engine. Which is why they were hesitant to put in to begin with.

But they did say it still needed some work and its the first year for it so......I'll manage.

Agree it could be better but not terrible by any stretch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »