Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Must say I am not impressed by the demo......but I am a Madden fan. Typically, I do not like the NCAA game; however, I think it is great this year.....yup great...OL/DL and all. The demo seems to miss some what I liked in NCAA.....not sure how. But, I am going to buy Madden 13....hell I am a NFL fan. I think those that havent bought the game since 2008 are not NFL fans and their opinions carry little weight. Biggest issue - wide open dropped passes. All-Pro feels like All-Madden Madden 12.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #58
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm curious what you mean by this. As long as you're pre-warned about what won't be fixed, you're OK with it? Or was o/d-line interaction, specifically, not a big deal to you?

When I heard o/d-line play wouldn't be addressed, my mind was 95% made up. It's the legacy issues that have kept me away. I'm not sure what they could add that could get me to look past the player interaction... and the footwork.

The paint is MUCH shinier this year (RTP), but it's still Madden with a fresh coat, with so many legacy issues inored. I can almost understand them focusing on the flashier aspects & ignoring the boring fundamental ones from a business standpoint. But to ignore the player interaction for the entire generation is inexcusable from a gameplay/sim POV. Even with the beefed up staff, they still chose flash over substance.
Beautifully said!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2
is it me or the world gone stupid this engine is no good at all madden is ncaa 13 with ragdoll physics this is the worst football game ever well tie with madden 09,07
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #60
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm definatly not as excited about Madden13 as I was BEFORE I played the demo. I like the passing game and being able to throw over a LB is a welcome improvement. BUT...I just feel like I dont have control on the d-line. As the Giants I was completely unable to manually get past the o-line and put pressure on the QB.
The running game seems to be hit and miss also.With Marshawn Lynch you should be able to truck some guys.....he just doesnt seem to be...."heavy",for lack of a better word.
......the more I play it....the more my excitement lessens.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #61
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Some of the presentation additions are impressive. The ragdoll tackling of almost every tackle looking like a gruesome injury makes no sense. Every time Bradshaw gets tackled it's like his body bends so bad you'd think he'd die. It's terrible and looks extremely unrealistic. Trust me I want to love this game, but I don't think all this supposedly better physics are worth dropping things like Import Draft Class.

And what is up with the coaches looking like the hunchbacks of Notre Dame? lol

Last edited by MMan; 08-16-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #62
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

I Played the Demo And Like it
but The CPU A I Needs Fixed Running the Ball with 5 sec Left on the 50
AND no Run GAME I am sure that can be fixed with sliders
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3
Nice to see a fair review. +1
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #64
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSTEELCURTAINx5
Anyone else find the Keni Glover review terrible?

First of all he starts off by saying that "he has been out of the Madden loop for the last two years" and goes on to say that "he will be on the sidelines for another season".

So this guy is either lying, or really hasnt played a full version of Madden in 2 years. Why exactly are we supposed to care about his opinion?

For example, he says "Passing physics did feel slightly better however". Umm, excuse me? You just told us that you havent played madden in years. What are you comparing this DEMO version of madden to? Last years demo? I find it hard to believe that he remembers what last years demo was like.

Why include someone in the roundtable if they havent spent a large portion of time playing a retail version of Madden in "years"?
Actually no because there are guys, like myself, that haven't played Madden since Madden 10. So he is giving his view point from people like me that haven't bought the game in a couple of years because of things that we felt didn't get fix. Like in 10 foot planting was really good, but in 11-13 there is no foot planting (I actually put in 10 and played in practice mode to see a difference and foot planting stuck out like crazy. There is no comparison honestly when it comes to that).

Edit: Believe me I want to buy it, same with Ncaa 13, but I can wait if I need too. (god it's hard waiting when you see football on tv haha)

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

Last edited by burter; 08-16-2012 at 09:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »