Home

CCM Epiphany

This is a discussion on CCM Epiphany within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
CCM Epiphany

CCm is by far what I am most excited about for M13 but I have come to realize or at least believe certain things about it. I was posting in a thread about the XP system thinking about how I won't be manually progressing players as the Coach and I won't be looking at their goals either, when it came to me. There really won't be much in the way for season strategy in CCM for me then.

In HC09, player progression was just one strategic facet of season team management, not the whole kitnkaboodle. There was playbook knowledge, player health, team chemistry, random mishaps, coaching staff management, playbook management and game planning. I am sure I left some stuff out but the point is it seems that as far as season immersion is concerned, CCM is focused on XP collection and allocation as being the main focus. So they essentially took one aspect, player progression and deconstructed it into a XP system, that is intended to provide depth. However, what about gamers like me that feel player progression, while important, should not be micromanaged and choose to let the AI handle it, what other substance is there for season strategy?

I am not bashing CCM or any such nonsense as that, I am just trying wrap my head around what will I be doing during a CCM season in M13, that I haven't in every Franchise mode to date. By using automatic progression, without those other strategic elements found in HC09, I can focus on meeting my Coaching goals to maintain players and avoid being fired so that's a definite plus. Outside of that though, what am I potentially overlooking that's improved, better and/or new about season management in CCM for M13?

Please note I am referring to season, NOT OFF-SEASON, management because I realize the scouting, draft and free agency are improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: CCM Epiphany

I don't know if you prefer to play with only ONE team throughout your entire CCM, but after building a solid team it could be fun to switch it up around year three or four and try to bring a terrible team back to contention.

Perhaps a new team with new holes to fill will keep you busy in-season while you scout every week for the upcoming draft.

Apart from that rather simple suggestion I see your dilemma.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 08-17-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
CCm is by far what I am most excited about for M13 but I have come to realize or at least believe certain things about it. I was posting in a thread about the XP system thinking about how I won't be manually progressing players as the Coach and I won't be looking at their goals either, when it came to me. There really won't be much in the way for season strategy in CCM for me then.

In HC09, player progression was just one strategic facet of season team management, not the whole kitnkaboodle. There was playbook knowledge, player health, team chemistry, random mishaps, coaching staff management, playbook management and game planning. I am sure I left some stuff out but the point is it seems that as far as season immersion is concerned, CCM is focused on XP collection and allocation as being the main focus. So they essentially took one aspect, player progression and deconstructed it into a XP system, that is intended to provide depth. However, what about gamers like me that feel player progression, while important, should not be micromanaged and choose to let the AI handle it, what other substance is there for season strategy?

I am not bashing CCM or any such nonsense as that, I am just trying wrap my head around what will I be doing during a CCM season in M13, that I haven't in every Franchise mode to date. By using automatic progression, without those other strategic elements found in HC09, I can focus on meeting my Coaching goals to maintain players and avoid being fired so that's a definite plus. Outside of that though, what am I potentially overlooking that's improved, better and/or new about season management in CCM for M13?

Please note I am referring to season, NOT OFF-SEASON, management because I realize the scouting, draft and free agency are improved.
scouting happens during the season.. not offseason. And you don't just progress players with XP.. you as a coach.. also garner XP by meeting goals. There are tons of different way to build your franchise with these XP.. it's kind of a choose your own adventure. It's not as bland as your thinking.. it's pretty deep. I guess you will just have to see it to understand fully.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 08-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I don't know if you prefer to play with only ONE team throughout your entire CCM, but after building a solid team it could be fun to switch it up around year three or four and try to bring a terrible team back to contention.

Perhaps a new team with new holes to fill will keep you busy in-season while you scout every weak for the upcoming draft.

Apart from that rather simple suggestion I see your dilemma.
Yeah, I should have clarified that I enjoy playing with one team, the Redskins. However, you do bring up an interesting point because me and a group of friends have all agreed to have firing "on", so if that happens, the User will be forced to control a different team. I did include trying to keep my Coaching job in the OP but in the event I got canned and had to manage another team, that indeed would be different. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

This may not be what you are looking for, but they added the practice mode to CCM so you can participate in different scenarios to earn XP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
scouting happens during the season.. not offseason. And you don't just progress players with XP.. you as a coach.. also garner XP by meeting goals. There are tons of different way to build your franchise with these XP.. it's kind of a choose your own adventure. It's not as bland as your thinking.. it's pretty deep. I guess you will just have to see it to understand fully.
I feel you and I wasn't trying to suggest CCM was "bland" because I have been playing a barebones online franchise in Madden for 3 years by comparison, lol. Just after thinking about how I will automate progression and not look at player goals, I was wondering what other new innovative aspects were there. Kind of a thinking out loud, brainstorming thread about various ways to still use CCM for a different franchise experience, if possible.

You are right though that the weekly checklist is an addition I overlooked. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
This may not be what you are looking for, but they added the practice mode to CCM so you can participate in different scenarios to earn XP.
Yeah I thought about that too but without there being something like playbook knowledge and risk of injury in practice mode, I don't really see the need to manually control it.

From what I understand in CCM you can just simulate practice and still get whatever XP rewarded according to the AI. If I am wrong about that and a User actually has to manually practice to earn any XP, then that would be more of an incentive for me to do it.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Are there coaching contracts? Like
If i start with the bucs and build them up for 7 years do i have to retire to go coach a new team or will i be offered jobs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »