Home

I hope EA didn't tone down physics in retail

This is a discussion on I hope EA didn't tone down physics in retail within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #41
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: I hope EA didn't tone down physics in retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
I have never done the pass before, but I am thinking of signing up Friday! I actually am not exactly sure what ultimate team even is haha. I have been playing Madden since the 90's and I know it's been in Madden for quite awhile, but besides knowing it's player cards that is all I know lol. So the pass isn't really worth it for me, but this year I am really considering it. Not only for Madden 13, but NHL 13 as well. I love both games, but I actually find NHL more fun. Either way can't wait!
I did it for Madden, NCAA and Tiger Woods. 25.00 isn't bad to get to try the 3 games out(NHL also) and help decide whether I want the retail disk or not.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Let's not forget that they can't just flip a switch and shut off IE for the full game based on the reaction to the demo. Because, you know...the full game's already out in circulation and the GC's are playing it.

For them to have made any kind of tweak to IE, it would have had to happen from inside feedback from people who played the demo long before we did (i.e the devs, GC's, QA and maybe some reviewers).

Edit: Well, there is one way, I guess....if any GC's would care to answer, was there a patch when you started up the game?

Last edited by bcruise; 08-19-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #43
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Let's not forget that they can't just flip a switch and shut off IE for the full game based on the reaction to the demo. Because, you know...the full game's already out and the GC's are playing it.

For them to have made any kind of tweak to IE, it would have had to happen from inside feedback from people who played the demo long before we did (i.e the devs, GC's, QA and maybe some reviewers).
What's your thought on this video? Again I've seen better retail videos but man this one does seem tuned back and too much....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I did it for Madden, NCAA and Tiger Woods. 25.00 isn't bad to get to try the 3 games out(NHL also) and help decide whether I want the retail disk or not.
Yeah great point! So if I did it the day Madden drops for the pass I will be able to play it that day correct?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #45
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

I think people are jumping the gun. It's obvious to me in the retail videos that I've seen that IE is still in. However, there's less weird stuff that was in the demo like players limbs twisting and bending.

Could some be thinking that IE got toned down a lot due to that? I mean, wasn't that one of the biggest complaints about IE in terms of impressions about the demo?

It's just kind of funny to me that since they tuned it so that the weird body bending doesn't happen as much as it does in the demo that people are now wondering if IE is even in the game.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I think people are jumping the gun. It's obvious to me in the retail videos that I've seen that IE is still in. However, there's less weird stuff that was in the demo like players limbs twisting and bending.

Could some be thinking that IE got toned down a lot due to that? I mean, wasn't that one of the biggest complaints about IE in terms of impressions about the demo?

It's just kind of funny to me that since they tuned it so that the weird body bending doesn't happen as much as it does in the demo that people are now wondering if IE is even in the game.
I think this sums up my thought process on the retail version compared to the demo. If that is the case, then I am extremely happen that they fixed that issue where it was just way to much body bending (In the demo).
Old 08-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

Exactly. it looks fine to me and those were the biggest complaints about IE. But I can obviously see it's positive effects still myself. Looks good to me.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
What's your thought on this video? Again I've seen better retail videos but man this one does seem tuned back and too much....
Which one? The Cowboys-Skins one posted upthread? I see IE all over that video (gang tackles, players tripping over other players, etc.). And very little of the post-play ridiculousness present in the demo.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »