Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Actually, he didn't put words in your mouth. You said forced, which means you have to buy it. If you want an NFL game, you don't have to buy Madden 13 or 12, 11, 10, 09, 08 etc. You can go buy 2K5 update the rosters or you can play All Pro Football.

If everybody wants real football, without AI cheating you, and everything taking skill, go outside and play some ball.
Actually, he did. He was trying to tell me that the other games had problems. When I never said they didn't.

And buying older NfL games is really reaching. When we shouldn't have to buy games 7 years old to play NFL. Shouldn't have to mod games 5 years old.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #18
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Again the "If you want to play an NFL game" excuse is a cop out. I don't spend $ on something I don't like.
No one is forced to. Simple as that.
You said other games did better but people like to forget other games also had problems that Madden did better. Tit for Tat.
Plus there are ways to play these other games (BC or play on the older system) if you want to play an NFL game.
See you're doing it again. I never said they were perfect or didn't have problems. Just because I said 7 years old you are assuming I'm talking about 2k. When I was talking about either. Because I liked madden 05 better anyways. But we're good.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

I can see both sides. When I was younger, growing up playing video games was all about fun and entertainment. Playing Madden was fun because it kinda is virtual representation of what I see on Sunday. And that was as far as it went back then. It was fun to play head to head with my friends.

So naturally when you get older and mature, you don't enjoy the things you did as a kid the same way. I can't play Madden now and try to enjoy it like I did before. Especially with the what technology is capable of nowdays and when EA says if its in the game its in the game. At the end of the day you have the choice to play something you don't enjoy or not.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
When there are games 7 years old that have done football better them what we've been getting then people have a right to be mad. Specially when they are forced to buy it.
Remember that is an opinion shared by a very small minority of folks who make a ton of noise....

It doesn't always have to be peaches and sunshine but it is a fact that many will never be happy until the game plays like a game that is no longer made. That is not what EA is attempting and would be stupid to do so. Why make a game their game like one that couldn't sell at 50% cheaper? Not happening and if it does... I'm out!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Actually, he didn't put words in your mouth. You said forced, which means you have to buy it. If you want an NFL game, you don't have to buy Madden 13 or 12, 11, 10, 09, 08 etc. You can go buy 2K5 update the rosters or you can play All Pro Football.

If everybody wants real football, without AI cheating you, and everything taking skill, go outside and play some ball.

That is just a ridiculous thing to say...

Thanks for giving us a proper example of a cop-out though. What you're basically saying is that it is impossible for a football video game to provide an AI that doesn't cheat. That's nothing but a cop-out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, Spliff, I thought the same thing a few weeks ago, but a mod told me in a thread it was even worse because you would have each side saying "my game is better than your game or vice versa.
Fact.. I only lurked back then and never created an account. But it was the same... It's actually better now.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #23
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Remember that is an opinion shared by a very small minority of folks who make a ton of noise....

It doesn't always have to be peaches and sunshine but it is a fact that many will never be happy until the game plays like a game that is no longer made. That is not what EA is attempting and would be stupid to do so. Why make a game their game like one that couldn't sell at 50% cheaper? Not happening and if it does... I'm out!

I understand what your saying. And I agree. I was manly talking up until this year. Because I think I'm really going to enjoy M13
Old 08-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
People have had a right to complain about any game that has a exclusive and doesnt deliver a good product for 7+years. I have rarely if ever complained about nba 2k, not because it is perfect, but because it is always so solid...I don't expect perfection, just a game that is worthy of $60.

Its like going to a great steak house, popping down $30 for a steak and getting a microwaved TV dinner salisbury steak instead. Your gonna complain some. How much depends on how serious you take your food.
I can say for sure that nba 2k has the exact same issues that Madden has... Even more really but folks on these Madden boards tend to give them a pass on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »