Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #41
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Idk man 2k has it flaws but i think it does a much better job of simulating basketball than madden does football.

But ea and 2k are definitly in the same boat with out competition neithEr one truly has to evolve or get any better and it only hurts us the consumer.

The thing that kills me with madden is that back in the ps2 days it was such a great representation of the sport, as they moved forward and graphics got better the game play regressed and year after year we were given excuses and told next year would be the year.

This year we get CCM which seems to be the most in depth franchise mode to date and we get the IE which can greatly add to realism when all the kinks are worked out. However the price we pay is the loss of much of the user control we have to been used to since back in the madden hayday.

Now dont get me wrong im not hating on madden bc in feel if 2k purchased the exclusive license we would be in the exact same boat.
Absolutely Kobe most always runs in a circle and shoots and makes it 80% of the time also about 100% of the time centers run down point guards and often times players attempt a wide open layup and hit the bottom of the rim.

People who complain about Madden always insist other games get it right and Madden isn't close. To those forced to buy Madden year in and year out it must suck having someone literally force you to buy it you should probably do something about it call the cops or stand up for yourself and stop whoever it is that forces you to buy it.

For the person who said if you are hungry enough you will eat anything I have yet to see someone who has been homeless and hungry long enough complain about food that they actually get to eat. That's the problem with some people they complain so much and exaggerate it so much that it comes to a point where its like they are just whining about the game.

Yes we all know certain things need to be addressed. But in the end its still a game and fun should be a big factor into their decision making process
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #42
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Then they need to drop the exclusive so that those of us who want to play that other game can.

And until they do drop the exclusive, I -will- expect them to make the game that -I- want and I will continue to blast them until they do, because -they- are the ones who took away my choice to play NFL football the way I enjoy.
Shouldn't you blame the NFL they agreed to the exclusive license so you shouldn't watch NFL games anymore either.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
Shouldn't you blame the NFL they agreed to the exclusive license so you shouldn't watch NFL games anymore either.
1.) EA approached the NFL about exclusivity first. The NFL just simply went where the money is.

2.) Why would I boycott or complain about the NFL? I like the product that they present. Its the product that EA presents that I have a problem with.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #44
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

Quote:
1.) EA approached the NFL about exclusivity first. The NFL just simply went where the money is.

2.) Why would I boycott or complain about the NFL? I like the product that they present. Its the product that EA presents that I have a problem with.
So since you said first that means that the NFL thought that EA would do a better job then any other company that approached them its funny though that people blame EA for the exclusive deal but not the NFL last time I checked 2 parties were involved in this contract.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #45
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:

EA made a smart business move doing what they did. After all, this is all a business for EA. I don't blame them for getting the exclusive rights. And anyone that does certainly doesn't know good business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
Absolutely Kobe most always runs in a circle and shoots and makes it 80% of the time also about 100% of the time centers run down point guards and often times players attempt a wide open layup and hit the bottom of the rim.

People who complain about Madden always insist other games get it right and Madden isn't close. To those forced to buy Madden year in and year out it must suck having someone literally force you to buy it you should probably do something about it call the cops or stand up for yourself and stop whoever it is that forces you to buy it.

For the person who said if you are hungry enough you will eat anything I have yet to see someone who has been homeless and hungry long enough complain about food that they actually get to eat. That's the problem with some people they complain so much and exaggerate it so much that it comes to a point where its like they are just whining about the game.

Yes we all know certain things need to be addressed. But in the end its still a game and fun should be a big factor into their decision making process
I also said 2k was flawed. Sure those things you mentioned happen but they are breaking the fundamentals of the game.

I cant put guys with low handle rating at point guard and expect them to cross guys up. I cant swerve run down the court on my way to an easy lay up. The fundamentals are there in 2k.

On the other hand in madden i can comprise an offensive line full of kickers punters and qbs and watch them dominate. Dline play is horrid and on
Kickoffs you can zig zag run for td's all day...lack of fundamentals.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
EA made a smart business move doing what they did. After all, this is all a business for EA. I don't blame them for getting the exclusive rights. And anyone that does certainly doesn't know good business.
I don't really care much about EA/Good Business. I care about a good NFL Video game. The exclusive has hurt that this entire generation of console. I blame both EA and the NFL for that.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
It seems nowadays most look to find everything wrong with the game, rather than just enjoying it for what it really is, a videogame.
So, I can't enjoy a game, acknowledge that it isn't perfect, point out ideas on how to improve it and still understand that the stuff on my TV screen isn't reality, just a video game?

I don't see how saying "I wish it would do XYZ better" means you don't enjoy the game or understand it's a video game, not reality in a box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »