Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #49
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I also said 2k was flawed. Sure those things you mentioned happen but they are breaking the fundamentals of the game.

I cant put guys with low handle rating at point guard and expect them to cross guys up. I cant swerve run down the court on my way to an easy lay up. The fundamentals are there in 2k.

On the other hand in madden i can comprise an offensive line full of kickers punters and qbs and watch them dominate. Dline play is horrid and on
Kickoffs you can zig zag run for td's all day...lack of fundamentals.
This is where I have to disagree with you on 2K having the fundamentals correctly. Offensive players rarely move without the ball, Centers any center can run down a point guard in the game. My player is a great example of how terrible the fundamentals are in 2K. I'm not going to discuss them all because its not the right place. I have never tried to make a oline of Kickers, Punters and QB's so I can't speak on that. Again I'll say this yes they have issues that need to be address there is no doubt about that but with CCM they are doing something no other sports game has ever gotten right and that's taking the actual draft picks into the mode at least for the first year. I won't say Madden is perfect its not everyone knows that but if its so terrible why do people continue to buy it. Also people who say NHL and FIFA are so great go back and look they have just recently gotten to the point where they are they haven't always been great.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #50
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
So, I can't enjoy a game, acknowledge that it isn't perfect, point out ideas on how to improve it and still understand that the stuff on my TV screen isn't reality, just a video game?

I don't see how saying "I wish it would do XYZ better" means you don't enjoy the game or understand it's a video game, not reality in a box.
I'm guessing you think of yourself as someone who just looks to find everything wrong with a game? He never said all people or KBLover but people do complain about how bad Madden is and hate on it and say they don't enjoy it. He never said that we can't have ideas on how to improve the game.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #51
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I can say for sure that nba 2k has the exact same issues that Madden has... Even more really but folks on these Madden boards tend to give them a pass on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Wow. Again another statement from you that can not allow me to take your opinions of sports gaming seriously. NBA 2K and Madden are not even on the same planet. NBA 2K has issues, but not even close to the legacy issues that Madden has...plus the game is playable out of the box and nobody is talking about the next years game, before the current game comes out.

As far as your opinions on the other game NFL 2K5, the videos and gameplay speak for itself. Did it have issues? of course...but again..for a game over 8years old...there is no way it should have more depth than Madden 13 in terms of franchise options, gameplay, player movement etc.

And to answer the OP, people do like enjoying their games...we just like them to work as they should and not regress year after year. And gamers should never ever lose control over a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Then they need to drop the exclusive so that those of us who want to play that other game can.

And until they do drop the exclusive, I -will- expect them to make the game that -I- want and I will continue to blast them until they do, because -they- are the ones who took away my choice to play NFL football the way I enjoy.
The fallout from this would hurt EA so much it would shutdown madden like they did with their NBA live series. What will happen is that madden would actually try too hard and people would not believe anything else that comes from their mouths again about limitations and whatnot.

I'm tired, they have heard our pleas and displeasure for the game yr after yr only to make incremental changes every yr. The guy who posted about getting skinny, that was a PS2 feature, seen it from time to time but mostly when I'm getting nano'd or something.

Progress has been made from a guy who came from a game that actually replicated its real-life sport. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt this yr and what happens next yr will tell it all. It shouldn't take a yr to improve IE, passing trajectory, or even implement foot planting that's associated with weight and momentum. That's what I am expecting next yr before any features come into play, along with Oline/dline interactions.

Out of all people, I'm more skeptical now than I have been these last few years, once retail drops, I will give my impressions and move on good or bad until I hear and see that leap next yr or next gen.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
This is where I have to disagree with you on 2K having the fundamentals correctly. Offensive players rarely move without the ball, Centers any center can run down a point guard in the game. My player is a great example of how terrible the fundamentals are in 2K. I'm not going to discuss them all because its not the right place. I have never tried to make a oline of Kickers, Punters and QB's so I can't speak on that. Again I'll say this yes they have issues that need to be address there is no doubt about that but with CCM they are doing something no other sports game has ever gotten right and that's taking the actual draft picks into the mode at least for the first year. I won't say Madden is perfect its not everyone knows that but if its so terrible why do people continue to buy it. Also people who say NHL and FIFA are so great go back and look they have just recently gotten to the point where they are they haven't always been great.
I buy madden cause i enjoy playing a football game and bc i buy it i should be able to voice my opinion about it whether that opinion be pressure or praise.
If you dont mind me asking do you still buy 2k?

And yes nhl and fifa just became great games about 2 or 3 years ago now but madden is not even close to them. How come ea doesnt put the work into madden that they put into their other sports titles?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #54
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood

As far as your opinions on the other game NFL 2K5, the videos and gameplay speak for itself. Did it have issues? of course...but again..for a game over 8years old...there is no way it should have more depth than Madden 13 in terms of franchise options, gameplay, player movement etc.
I agree that NBA 2K13 is on a different level in comparison to Madden, but NFL 2K5's franchise mode was terrible. Even if it might have had more editing options in comparison to what the connected careers mode has in Madden 13, Madden 13 should have way more depth in terms of franchise mode.

NFL 2K5's franchise mode was nothing to write home about.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I agree that NBA 2K13 is on a different level in comparison to Madden, but NFL 2K5's franchise mode was terrible. Even if it might have had more editing options in comparison to what the connected careers mode has in Madden 13, Madden 13 should have way more depth in terms of franchise mode.

NFL 2K5's franchise mode was nothing to write home about.
I love 2k5 and madden 05/06 equally but for different reasons. 2k5 was better between the hashes but also had its troubles. Maddens franchise blew 2k out of the water so the gameplay was more tolerable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #56
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I buy madden cause i enjoy playing a football game and bc i buy it i should be able to voice my opinion about it whether that opinion be pressure or praise.
If you dont mind me asking do you still buy 2k?

And yes nhl and fifa just became great games about 2 or 3 years ago now but madden is not even close to them. How come ea doesnt put the work into madden that they put into their other sports titles?
I don't mind at all I did buy 2K was excited to play in an online association it didn't last long mainly because they don't have any commish options to help move it along. I have never said I wouldn't buy 2K but I did return it early didn't play as much as I have in the past. The offline lag during the game killed it for me how they managed to let a game lag without playing online shocked the heck out of me.

*Edit*

I do believe that the turning point for both NHL and FIFA was that they finally got programmers who had played the game professionally I have always thought this would be the best way to improve

Last edited by ozzy57; 08-18-2012 at 10:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »