Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #65
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The issue (for me anyways) is the constant complaints saying the same thing over and over again that always end up going to the exclusivity.
That and even when there is a thread to just discuss a positive issue those same people flood those threads with irrelevant moaning.
It waters down the threads and then you have to dig to get good feedback and suggestions.

And even the good threads get bombarded with the non help posts. Someone can say the OL needs better blocking and start a discusssion on that. Then we start getting "It's been bad for 7 years! EA doesn't get it ..I'm not buying it.... Bring back 2K.."
Then the thread gets sidetracked and a lot of good things lost due to a locked thread or buried by the countless threads that with a little time to use the SEARCH function would eliminate.

Is Madden near where I want it? Not close.
It's just I'm tired of the same rinse repeat posters that do nothing but throw out negativity with no substance or feedback to make the game better.

My future wish:
Better OL/DL blocking, a lot more atmoshpere (Players coming and leaving the field, freaking trash blowing on the field on windy games),

I want to "feel" the game as much as play it. Right now it still feels like a video game of Madden and not a game of football.
Will it get where I want it some day? Have no idea. I just know posting hate just for the sake of posting hate won't get us there.
The problem is when people are dishing out constructive criticism AND ways the game can and should get better, we get battered with posts of "oh you hate Madden" or "you guys will never be satisfied" etc etc. Truth is, 2K, Sony, and all other NFL licensed games are gone currently. I personally want Madden to play much better as MADDEN not any other game. And as you have stated, like many others, it is not even close right now...and the issue most take with it, is that it really should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Who called Tony Robbins?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I agree that NBA 2K13 is on a different level in comparison to Madden, but NFL 2K5's franchise mode was terrible. Even if it might have had more editing options in comparison to what the connected careers mode has in Madden 13, Madden 13 should have way more depth in terms of franchise mode.

NFL 2K5's franchise mode was nothing to write home about.
Everything that is praised as "depth" in Connected Careers was a feature in NFL 2k5's franchise mode. "Twitter feeds" were weekly reports from Trey Wingo and Mel Kiper, or e-mails from your owner or e-mails from around the league, talking players out of retirement, the possibility of getting fired as a coach, weekly highlight and wrap up shows were all features. 2k contacts have -always- been more in depth than Madden contracts because you could customize each contract and offer front loaded, back loaded, balanced, or staggering contracts, all things that Madden doesn't offer. So I'm not sure what all depth is missing in 2k's franchise mode. Most of this so called "depth" in Connected Careers finally catching up to what 2k did 8 years ago. And 2k didn't have to sacrifice player editing or custom playbooks to do it.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #68
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
It has nothing to do with the NFL thinking EA could do a better job, and everything to do with EA asking for an exclusive, NFL realizing there was a market and putting it up for bids, and EA outbidding everyone for it.

$$$ over quality - the perfect definition of EA Sports and Madden NFL
The NFL wants it. The NFL has easier control on what happens in one game in comparison to multiple games and the NFL can (and has) advertise Madden as the official game of the NFL in similar fashion to other products.

Call me crazy, but I think NFL Blitz played a role in the NFL wanting one game. NFL told Midway to tone down Blitz to make it a more clean representation of the sport and the league ("NFL Blitz Pro"). A year after that was when the exclusive license with EA happened.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #69
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Everything that is praised as "depth" in Connected Careers was a feature in NFL 2k5's franchise mode. "Twitter feeds" were weekly reports from Trey Wingo and Mel Kiper, or e-mails from your owner or e-mails from around the league, talking players out of retirement, the possibility of getting fired as a coach, weekly highlight and wrap up shows were all features. 2k contacts have -always- been more in depth than Madden contracts because you could customize each contract and offer front loaded, back loaded, balanced, or staggering contracts, all things that Madden doesn't offer. So I'm not sure what all depth is missing in 2k's franchise mode. Most of this so called "depth" in Connected Careers finally catching up to what 2k did 8 years ago. And 2k didn't have to sacrifice player editing or custom playbooks to do it.
But the franchise mode in 2K5 itself had many issues basically making those customizable features that it had over Madden 13's connected careers mode pretty pointless (that is, unless Madden 13's connected careers mode has many issues as well).

I mean, it's hard to get depth out of a mode that has so many issues. The depth in certain aspects of a mode only really matter if the mode as a whole doesn't have that many issues and unfortunately that wasn't the case with NFL 2K5's franchise mode.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #70
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
But the franchise mode in 2K5 itself had many issues basically making those customizable features that it had over Madden 13's connected careers mode pretty pointless (that is, unless Madden 13's connected careers mode has many issues as well).

I mean, it's hard to get depth out of a mode that has so many issues. The depth in certain aspects of a mode only really matter if the mode as a whole doesn't have that many issues and unfortunately that wasn't the case with NFL 2K5's franchise mode.
You keep saying "issues" yet I have not heard you highlight any of them....Connected Careers is a great idea, but again, inexcusable to leave out editing/customizing options. And from listening to some speak of the other game, I can tell you never actually played it.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #71
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The issue (for me anyways) is the constant complaints saying the same thing over and over again that always end up going to the exclusivity.
That and even when there is a thread to just discuss a positive issue those same people flood those threads with irrelevant moaning.
It waters down the threads and then you have to dig to get good feedback and suggestions.

And even the good threads get bombarded with the non help posts. Someone can say the OL needs better blocking and start a discusssion on that. Then we start getting "It's been bad for 7 years! EA doesn't get it ..I'm not buying it.... Bring back 2K.."
Then the thread gets sidetracked and a lot of good things lost due to a locked thread or buried by the countless threads that with a little time to use the SEARCH function would eliminate.

Is Madden near where I want it? Not close.
It's just I'm tired of the same rinse repeat posters that do nothing but throw out negativity with no substance or feedback to make the game better.

My future wish:
Better OL/DL blocking, a lot more atmoshpere (Players coming and leaving the field, freaking trash blowing on the field on windy games),

I want to "feel" the game as much as play it. Right now it still feels like a video game of Madden and not a game of football.
Will it get where I want it some day? Have no idea. I just know posting hate just for the sake of posting hate won't get us there.
I agree with your post and I just wanted to comment on the bold. I have no way of knowing any posters intent for certain, so there very likely may be some posting to hate for hate sake. However, I understand how it is to just need to vent about the state of NFL gaming. I really appreciate OS because it provides not only an outlet to share ideas with like minded gamers and be exposed to different POVs, it's also I a great place to "scream at the wall", within the TOS of course, lol.

On a side not, with all seriousness Mods, can we please get the word "perfect" censored on OS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

What "issues"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »