Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Live Draft in Connected Careers Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Live Draft in Connected Careers Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #65
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Live Draft in Connected Careers Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
I get your point, but Rodgers was never the clear cut #1 overall pick, nor was he ever clearly the #1 QB. The fairest comparison to the video is Andrew Luck. The clear #1 overall pick going to a team that had a HOF QB on the roster, simply because he was too good to pass up. Nevertheless, the issue is with the tweet making it appear that it would be an absolute mistake to pass up on him, yet 19 teams did.
but some did think Rodgers was the clear #1. and the only one talking about that qb being the clear #1 was Stink. and then when he was drafted at 20 Mort tweeted that he fell farther than expected. it looks great.

Also about the WR and TE taken as high as they have been, someone mentioned that the rookie scale might be a factor to that. No team in the past would pay a premium like 50 mil guaranteed to either of those positions, but now that the rookie wage scale is in you might just see more positions being drafted in the top 5 than QB, LT, and DLine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #66
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
I get your point, but Rodgers was never the clear cut #1 overall pick, nor was he ever clearly the #1 QB. The fairest comparison to the video is Andrew Luck. The clear #1 overall pick going to a team that had a HOF QB on the roster, simply because he was too good to pass up. Nevertheless, the issue is with the tweet making it appear that it would be an absolute mistake to pass up on him, yet 19 teams did.
The counter-argument to that is that it's one Tweet. Had many of the Madden analysts echoed it, I could see an issue - but this could be a pick that virtual Schlereth just missed his prediction on.

Obviously we'll have to wait until we get more hands-on experience (or other users' footage) to see if it's a mistake by Schlereth or if it's a common potential mistake.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #67
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
great video
Old 08-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
The counter-argument to that is that it's one Tweet. Had many of the Madden analysts echoed it, I could see an issue - but this could be a pick that virtual Schlereth just missed his prediction on.

Obviously we'll have to wait until we get more hands-on experience (or other users' footage) to see if it's a mistake by Schlereth or if it's a common potential mistake.
Definitely. I referred to it as an oddity. Maybe it was on purpose that analysts will sometimes give wrong observations or maybe it was a glitch. No one knows, just odd either way. By far the best NFL Draft in a video game I've seen.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #69
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

There are multiple of scenarios that we just don't know about, for all we know he could have been a complete bust rating wise,etc. I like it, adds a more dynamic effect to the draft and that's pretty realistic as we've seen what a simple red flag on someone can do in the top of the 1st round.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #70
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Causasian OL name Kendrick? Cousin name Keion? His momma must have been down with the swirl lol!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #71
Banned

If a team feels they can get the next calvin or gronk why would u wait. And do we kno wat year this franchise is in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #72
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

This is one billion times better than last years draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »