Home

Do Ratings Really Matter?

This is a discussion on Do Ratings Really Matter? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Do Ratings Really Matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
I've seen videos in the past I believe it was madden 11 where they have debunked rating "matter" he put like WR's etc on the line and they were able to block perfectly just because they were on the line . I believe even in 12 that has been fixed . Not sure about 13 yet.
Those videos are when the game is played on All Madden. As long as you don't play on all madden, yes the ratings matter... although not as much as they should
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

it should but ratings do make a difference
Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
He's completely right. I mean Alex Smith is a joke. It's not like he made it to a conference championship game last year!

...oh wait
Im sorry. Alex Smith is terrible! If SF had ANY OTHER QB they would have beat NYC! I guess Trent Dilfer was great! I mean he did lead his team to a super bowl.

.....oh wait the bucs had the best defense that year as did SF last year.

But back to the question....ratings mean NOTHING!! Buy the game then go put Ben Roethlisberger at DB and have him play man on Calvin Johnson. See what happens.

Last edited by bjones16; 08-20-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16
Im sorry. Alex Smith is terrible! If SF had ANY OTHER QB they would have beat NYC! I guess Trent Dilfer was great! I mean he did lead his team to a super bowl.

But back to the question....ratings mean NOTHING!! Buy the game then go put Ben Roethlisberger at DB and have him play man on Calvin Johnson. See what happens.
As a Bucs fan I am insulted... Trent Dilfer never led the Bucs to a super bowl, Brad Johnson did. I believe you might mean the Ravens. As for Alex Smith he was above average last year.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
As a Bucs fan I am insulted... Trent Dilfer never led the Bucs to a super bowl, Brad Johnson did. I believe you might mean the Ravens. As for Alex Smith he was above average last year.
I am sorry sir. You are right! baltimore was super bowl 35. TB was super bowl 37.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16

Just to throw this out there 2 players last year had 400 pass attempts and threw 6 ints or less Aaron Rodgers was one and he threw the 6 ints Alex Smith was the other and he only threw 5 ints so to say he is crap is idiotic. He may not be the fantasy point QB or the most yardage but he is a good QB who takes care of the ball.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Those videos are when the game is played on All Madden. As long as you don't play on all madden, yes the ratings matter... although not as much as they should
That's not true. I have tested the punter on OL theory - and yes, punters, kickers, DB's, whatever - they are able to block just fine. And this wasn't on all madden.

You could also see this when simming games. If you sim games with an oline full of kickers you will still see the same results that you would with legitimate Offensive lineman. No drop off whatsoever in RB production.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
That's not true. I have tested the punter on OL theory - and yes, punters, kickers, DB's, whatever - they are able to block just fine. And this wasn't on all madden.

You could also see this when simming games. If you sim games with an oline full of kickers you will still see the same results that you would with legitimate Offensive lineman. No drop off whatsoever in RB production.
That isn't a good example because the offensive and defensive line interaction still is broken in Madden. I don't know why people keep using the line as an example of ratings not working when everyone knows that is broken in Madden. People should be testing it on other positions that actually do work in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »