Home

Choosing my first Coaching Job in CC

This is a discussion on Choosing my first Coaching Job in CC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Choosing my first Coaching Job in CC

I'd say Seahawks.

You get the running back in Lynch

Plenty of QB's you can lose patience with too quickly
Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Desalbert, you mentioned two things that really stood out to me. You said you're a big roster guy and that you're a big time run-game coach.

Of the teams on your original list, I think the Colts would be the most interesting team for you to coach. They have $32.10 million in cap space according to the CCM breakdown, and they do not have a strong run game.

With your ability to think long-term, it would be very intriguing to read about your CCM and how you plan to assist Andrew Luck by installing/building a strong run-game.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
I'd say Seahawks.

You get the running back in Lynch

Plenty of QB's you can lose patience with too quickly
Good points. I agree. Both points makes them a strong contender. After all, I'm used to searching through years and years to find a QB that I can do well with. Not actually having a typical "franchise qb" is a bonus for Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Desalbert, you mentioned two things that really stood out to me. You said you're a big roster guy and that you're a big time run-game coach.

Of the teams on your original list, I think the Colts would be the most interesting team for you to coach. They have $32.10 million in cap space according to the CCM breakdown, and they do not have a strong run game.

With your ability to think long-term, it would be very intriguing to read about your CCM and how you plan to assist Andrew Luck by installing/building a strong run-game.
The Colts are VERY tempting. You make a tonne of good points and I'm about ready to vault them into my 'likely list'.

My ONLY concern is that I might "ruin" Andrew Luck with Poor QB play. If that happens I'll never forgive myself.

The money, the challenge, the ressurection attempt. I really LIKE Luck as well, so all of that is a plus, but fear of ruining him is scaring me here.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Any of the teams would be a good pick.

Bears- Need help at the O line and getting replacements for Urlacher, Briggs etc.
Chargers- Seem to have the pieces to get to the Superbowl but can;t get it done. Need a running back and a go to guy- receiver to replace Jackson
Seahawks- Quarterback position battle, good defense, could use help at receiver.
Bills- lackluster offense, good defense. Haven't really been successful since the 90's
Panthers- the Age of Cam Newton; need a wide receiver to take away pressure from Steve Smith. Defense could use work
Jaguars- Blaine Gabbert seems to be improving, but could use a talented backup. Mojo gives you an explosive running back
Redskins: RG3; could use a better receiving corps and halfback. Defense is inconsistent
Colts- Need a lot of help everywhere but quarterback.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desalbert
The Colts are VERY tempting. You make a tonne of good points and I'm about ready to vault them into my 'likely list'.

My ONLY concern is that I might "ruin" Andrew Luck with Poor QB play. If that happens I'll never forgive myself.

The money, the challenge, the ressurection attempt. I really LIKE Luck as well, so all of that is a plus, but fear of ruining him is scaring me here.
I see your point. An advantage that may play in your favor is that in college, Luck was the type of QB who would often defer to the run game when he believed it would benefit his team.

It's funny you said you are afraid of ruining him. I sometimes get the same feeling when I play with my favorite players. If I fumble or drop a pass I'm like, "Oh man that wouldn't have happened if the CPU was controlling him."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »