Home

Using Gameface to broaden CCM

This is a discussion on Using Gameface to broaden CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Rookie

johnnyboy8102's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Using Gameface to broaden CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
First off I apologize if this topic has been done or if it belongs in the 'Gameface Now Live' thread (if so go ahead and close this) or if this is so off topic it doesn't belong here but I thought it was a little bit different than anything I've seen on here so figured I'd make a thread.

This might sound strange but one thing I just realized that really excites me about Madden 13 is because of the Gameface being added to it that I can actually do what I've been wanting to do for awhile.

I've been kind of wanting to try an 'alternate reality' type of franchise. Being a former football player that became an aspiring actor after an injury. I'm a huge entertainment fan and a lot of actors (including wrestlers) I like started out playing football but because of freak injuries (or on some occasion just didn't have the right ability or chance) didn't make it very big if at all
So I was thinking it was cool cause along with Gameface I can actually do just that. Do things like....

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson - Was on the '91 Florida Hurricanes chapionship team as a DT but got injured and was replaced by Warren Sapp. Played in the CFL but we all know how that went.

Terry Crews - Was drafted in the 11th round of the '91 NFL draft and played DE and LB for multiple teams but was never quite good enough to make a big impact so only played for 6 seasons before getting into acting.

Bill Goldberg - Was drafted as a DT in the 11th round by the Rams in '90, then played for the Falcons from '92 to '94. Was picked up by the Panthers in '95 due to the Expansion Draft but received a career ending injury when he tore his abdomen off his pelvis.

Dean Cain - Played FS for Princeton University, set an NCAA 1-AA record for 12 interceptions in one season. Got picked up by the Buffalo Bills but suffered a nasty knee injury ending his career before he ventured into acting.

Burt Reynolds - Got a scholarship to FSU to play HB but in the first game of the season suffered a season ending knee injury but later in the season was in a car accident that aggravated it and making it a career ending injury.

Obviously there are more like Jamie Foxx, Forest Whitaker, John Wayne, etc. but I always thought it would be cool to The Rock as DE or LB and Burt Reynolds as HB or FB on the Dolphins or Tampa Bay. Terry Crews as LB on the Rams or Chargers. Goldberg as LB on the Falcons. Dean Cain on a team that really needs a FS.

I've tried this before but obviously the previous player models didn't allow this in more than just name but with Gameface this actually makes it possible. However I don't know if CCM allows to create just one player or allows to create a player and then move on to create another, either way it's still possible just not maybe all at the same time (might have to retire one before bringing in another or do multiple CCM's).

Sorry for the long drawn out post but have any of you guys ever wanted to do something similar (with these guy or anyone else fictional or not) or want to do something like this now?
The Rock played at Miami with Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis. He did not play at Florida.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 49

Game face would have been a great feature if we were able to use it to create historic teams, legend teams, etc.

The bad thing is, we can only use it for one player. IMO Its a great idea that was implemented poorly.

I know they are thinking more along the lines of, if we let them create all the legend players, we can't sell our Madden Legend cards dlc to them...

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-21-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy8102
The Rock played at Miami with Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis. He did not play at Florida.
Sorry you are correct on this, I put Florida rather than Miami. I didn't realize Ray Lewis played at the same time as Sapp and Rock though. The more you know.

Sent from: We Dat! Dirty Bird Nation.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #12
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

THis topic reminds me of when the Rock was a coach in that movie.

WHich may be off topic some but brings me to the idea of bringing coaches in.Adam Sandler,The Rock,Jimmy Johnson,Bill Cowher just to name a few.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
THis topic reminds me of when the Rock was a coach in that movie.

WHich may be off topic some but brings me to the idea of bringing coaches in.Adam Sandler,The Rock,Jimmy Johnson,Bill Cowher just to name a few.
Gridiron Gang was the movie.

Not entirely off topic, the question was "Have you ever or do you now want to do something like this".

Adam Sandler would be a very interesting person to gameface that is for sure.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731
I got dibs on Ed O'Neil if we do this...yes O'Neil was going to play OLB for the Steelers at one point in time before being cut. I would have a hard time not being Al Bundy though...
I did know that actually glad. I would be interested to see if we have people interested in doing this. Maybe if I got enough interest I could open a league for it in the online franchise section.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Game face would have been a great feature if we were able to use it to create historic teams, legend teams, etc.

The bad thing is, we can only use it for one player. IMO Its a great idea that was implemented poorly.

I know they are thinking more along the lines of, if we let them create all the legend players, we can't sell our Madden Legend cards dlc to them...
I hadn't heard that but if you are correct that it might be limited it's an easy fix with CCM only allowing one creation at a time you just change the gameface when you want to create a character and then you change it back.

However I am hoping they are doing it like every other gameface game where you just upload a handful of pictures and create them from the game.

For an example search youtube for Tiger Woods Master Gameface.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

That's what it's supposed to be. You can put your face into the game. I don't see the problem. I suppose you can use it however you wish, but it's not something that was added to Madden so people can have 45 Game Faces. It's just something extra you can CHOOSE to add to your immersion. Personally, I'm amazed seeing myself as a WR for the Colts not having to a) see a silhouette or b) pretend the player model's face was me.

Re: the conspiracy, it never ceases to amaze me the scenarios I see...it's just not true. That simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »