Home

Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

CoachK is a tournament type player. He hosts a site where you can play for money or play in a league. I don't think he claims to be of the simulation gameplay style. Not trying to speak for him, just basing off interactions with him at community events.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
CoachK is a tournament type player. He hosts a site where you can play for money or play in a league. I don't think he claims to be of the simulation gameplay style. Not trying to speak for him, just basing off interactions with him at community events.
Makes sense...
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Seeing thats the case, no need to hate on him if he wants to play that way and earn some coin playing a video game.

I hate people that camp in COD, I can find a million videos on youtube of this dude or that dude camping and thinking he's god because he can turn the game in to Deer Hunter IV.

I dont play that way and I think Im a better player, that to me is enough. Everyones got their own standards, but expecting everyone else to live up to your own standards is pretty conceited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

I like CoachK a lot.. it's different strokes you know. You just have to find a place to play with guys who see eye to eye with you on gameplay. It's not good or bad, it's just different and they are having as much fun as we do playing a more realistic type of game.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFacedOLB
Since the guy is playing 1 minue quarters, Im sure playing a sim game is the furthest thing from his mind.

From the looks of it the guy is wanting to show a video simply to give people a quick look at the retail game.

It is ok to goof around and have fun with the game every now and then, the Madden commisioner isnt going to come to your house, slap on a fine and steal your samidge for doing goofy stuff occasionally. Its pretty sad that people automatically jump to conclusions and assume this is how this particular person plays online when they really dont know anything about them.

That said I dont play online, because I dont really feel the need since its just not that entertaining most times.
I'm more so referring to the way it works (Quarters vs 22 personnel), but I also SMH my head at the user who plays that way. As someone who likes FOOTBALL, not MADDEN-BALL it's sad to see things that just CAN'T work IRL work in the game is all.

From a personal stand-point even if I was only demo'ing a video for people to see I wouldn't convey it that way. But if he is a 'tourney/freestyle player as mentioned, that explains it all.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
I'm more so referring to the way it works (Quarters vs 22 personnel), but I also SMH my head at the user who plays that way. As someone who likes FOOTBALL, not MADDEN-BALL it's sad to see things that just CAN'T work IRL work in the game is all.

From a personal stand-point even if I was only demo'ing a video for people to see I wouldn't convey it that way. But if he is a 'tourney/freestyle player as mentioned, that explains it all.
I feel you OP and I think it's about time anyone stop feeling the need to justify wanting a better representation of football in an alleged NFL simulation football video game. Before some random comes along talking about no game is perfect, wanting some representation of defenses having a harder time audibling into an entirely different formation or personnel being out of position having an applicable impact, is not unattainable perfection.

It would seem simple enough just to limit audibles to plays in the same formation, since accounting for potential confusion and the process of getting into a new formation in a more realistic manner, would likely take far more programming. That said, at least something like this seems like it can be easily policed in an online league but it's disappointing that gamers don't have a factory online ranked mode where that type of stuff is disabled or regulated. Spliff3000 was right about it would be nice to have a fleshed out "Fair Play" online ranked again, separate from the traditional online ranked where anything goes. I enjoy competing monetarily too in Madden but online ranked is the only way on the site I compete on, so it would be nice to have a "Fair Play" circuit one day because I refuse to use "tactics" like that, even for money.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

I hated that sh-t last year, it seemed like 80% of the people you played online played that cheesy defense.
It was possible to run on, but it took forever to drive. You would only get 4 yard gains.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

People play like this because it gives them the best chance to win. Most online and tournament players just want to win, no matter what they have to do.

If Madden made a more realistic game where quarters defense got gutted by power running, FB dives couldn't be used as a staple of an offense, nano blitzes didn't exist, etc., online/tourney-type players might gripe at first, but they would quickly adapt to what gives them the best chance to win (sim ball).

It is a fallacy that if Madden made a more realistic game, these type players would stop playing. They would just adapt.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »