Home

Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergatti
Its childish and nonsense for you to claim that the game doesn't get the basics right based upon the example you've given.
Wut? Childish? The offensive play, personal and formation is suppose to be valid in the NFL, and the defensive play, personal and formation is suppose to be valid in the NFL. What's nonsensical is the combination of defensive play, and personnel and that this particular defense with this personal would be successful against this particular offensive play. The defense should not be successful in this situation. How in any way does that get the basics right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergatti
How often, in real football, does the scenario you describe occur? I'd guess virtually never. Just because the Madden game is not build to handle this type of situation, a non-football situation, doesn't mean Madden doesn't have the basics of playing football right.
This statement makes absolutely no sense. If Madden got the basics right, it wouldn't let the non-football situations be successful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

Wow. More whining, go figure. Let me ask you this, have you seen a REAL NFL defense in the quarters package? Have you seen the offense audible to a draw or run? Have you seen the run get stopped? I know I have.

If it was so easy to run on a quarters package in real life, every time a defense came out in this formation, an offense would always run on it. But guess what? DBs can make tackles too. They are fast and elusive and hard for a slow lineman to block. Of course, once a lineman gets his hands on one it's over, but what's stopping the guy behind him from making the play?

Stop crying and play the game.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalpimp
Wow. More whining, go figure. Let me ask you this, have you seen a REAL NFL defense in the quarters package? Have you seen the offense audible to a draw or run? Have you seen the run get stopped? I know I have.
Have you ever seen that defense against a two TE one WR formation on offense? And be successful? Whining? Are you serious?

Quote:
If it was so easy to run on a quarters package in real life, every time a defense came out in this formation, an offense would always run on it. But guess what? DBs can make tackles too. They are fast and elusive and hard for a slow lineman to block. Of course, once a lineman gets his hands on one it's over, but what's stopping the guy behind him from making the play?
Who's talking about a 4WR, one back draw against this kind of defense. An offense were the blocking is very limited. The OP and others are talking about a two TE, two Back, one WR set against this defense being successful. You are comparing apples and oranges which is completely irrelevant and then calling others with a legit complaint "whiners". LOL.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #28
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

A quarters package with defensive backs lining up ON the defensive line? I think not.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Wut? Childish? The offensive play, personal and formation is suppose to be valid in the NFL, and the defensive play, personal and formation is suppose to be valid in the NFL. What's nonsensical is the combination of defensive play, and personnel and that this particular defense with this personal would be successful against this particular offensive play. The defense should not be successful in this situation. How in any way does that get the basics right?

This statement makes absolutely no sense. If Madden got the basics right, it wouldn't let the non-football situations be successful.
My point is: you can't begrudge Madden for not "getting right" a non-football situation.

Madden does "get right" a lot of football situations. When two sides are playing normal football, the game and outcomes are pretty fun. I think Madden handles normal football pretty well.

You apparently want Madden to cover and guard against every possible contingency that an unscrupulous player might devise in order to cheat the competition. Assuming a personnel matchup causes consistently unrealistic or unfair outcomes, I don't think it would be practical to expend effort into revising the core-game system to accomodate this unrealistic and non-football occurrences. I think it would be better to just gray out that formation as an option.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Wow. Virtually every word you've said is making you look bad. Think it over before you post in the future. Just saying.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ive come to realize alot of the people that play madden and speak like they know football in all actuality dont...ive been playing ball since i was 10. All i have to say is, that defensive personnel would rarely if ever stop that offensive attack. Not in 8th grade, not in HS, not in college, and definitely not in the NFL. Coaches cringe at the thought of that situation, unless they know the offense will pass for some stupid reason or they have LBs that can cover like DBs out there haha.

These are the basics people are "whining" about with Madden. Im sure most of these people will still buy the game and enjoy it but im sure it gets difficult to fathom seeing some of these things happen in a game that is suppose to be a simulation of the NFL.

No doubt Madden has made great improvements with this edition but the basics and foundation of the game are still in question. Some of that old code really has to be done away with. The moment Madden gets the basics of football down it will be light years ahead of where it is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lol at ea. These guys should be banned from making a football game. For the guy trying to defend madden at all cost. Why do you think NFL coaches prefer to run the ball toward the nickel back. If db can stop the run why don't we see them in team base package. Why would an NFL team sign a 300 pound dt if a 180 pound db can do is job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »