Home

Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear23
Lol at ea. These guys should be banned from making a football game.
Too bad, they'll be the only one making a NFL game for a while....sucks don't it??
Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #34
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

i actually have a rule in my lg that does not allow this type of lobby garbage (audibling down, or calling dime package vs 2 wide).

was hoping we could eliminate the personnel rule seeing how a real physics engine would not allow a 1 yard stop vs 137 personnel from 1/2 te sets..but i guess not.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Wow. Virtually every word you've said is making you look bad. Think it over before you post in the future. Just saying.
Hey, DBs can tackle, too, brah. I think they know the swim move and Reggie White's signature club move, also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5

There should be huge penalties on players that play out of position. Like on one play the WR playing fullback. He should be more fumble prone or injury prone since they WR don't have the frame to play FB. They should program that into the game. Just ONLY if players are playing out of position.

Last edited by Ferweezy; 08-20-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergatti
My point is: you can't begrudge Madden for not "getting right" a non-football situation.

Madden does "get right" a lot of football situations. When two sides are playing normal football, the game and outcomes are pretty fun. I think Madden handles normal football pretty well.

You apparently want Madden to cover and guard against every possible contingency that an unscrupulous player might devise in order to cheat the competition. Assuming a personnel matchup causes consistently unrealistic or unfair outcomes, I don't think it would be practical to expend effort into revising the core-game system to accomodate this unrealistic and non-football occurrences. I think it would be better to just gray out that formation as an option.
No, I want ratings, scheme, play design, player/ball physics etc to matter and produce a reasonable outcome. Allowing things to be successful that have no business being successful is not "getting things right".
Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #38
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

LOL! The first play the LB just chucks the lineman to the ground like he was a made of styrofoam. So it's clear that ratings and weight still don't matter in this game. Not surprised at all.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 25
Reason why I havent touched online since 07.

Why bother?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #40
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

It's Koach K you're talking about. He built his entire career on cheesing.

Really why I've unsubscribed to him even though he is putting out the most videos right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »