Home

Are you going to purchase Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Are you going to purchase Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be purchasing Madden 13?
Yes, I'll be there at midnight, can't wait! 38 20.00%
Yes, but not at midnight 91 47.89%
Yes, but I'm going to buy it in a few months on sale 7 3.68%
Maybe, waiting on Season Ticket to decide 11 5.79%
No, I see improvement but not enough yet 31 16.32%
No, it's the same old Madden 12 6.32%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #73
Rookie

jrc2290's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Are you going to purchase Madden 13?

I will be at gamestop at midnight....will also pick up season ticket to play it three days early lol. What can i say, i'm a madden junkie!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #74
Rookie

Dollar Theater's Arena

OVR: 5

Yes, I preordered on ToysRUs.com for $44.99 plus free shipping. Don't think you get it on release day, but at least it's a good deal and when you're short on funds, that's all that matters!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionSn1per
I would be there at midnight to get it, but I live in Australia. There is no way they would do a midnight release here for a Madden game.
Yeah I wish Aus would have a midnight release, but alas I shall have to wait until normal retail hours
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 6

Yes....Think this years Madden will be fantastic
Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #77
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
There is improvement obviously.

On the subject of "Madden is the same", it seems to have different meanings. One meaning comes from those biased haters who don't play the games at all.

Now, the other people who say Madden is the same every year are those who are kind of tired of the same old legacy issues, such as the CPU A.I, blocking, running, lack of atmosphere, etc., and overall doing nothing to reinvent the gameplay, as we've been using the same controls that have been in the game for a while. Past madden's were always fresh because they always found ways to reinvent themselves gameplay wise: Playmaker, Hit Stick, etc. I mentioned this on another thread, how using the right stick to aim and pulling the RT could be way to reinvent the gameplay and not keep it the same. The issue is that the core gameplay and it's problems remain. No major element from the game, is added into the game.

Do they even have an animation where the running back goes skinny?

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-21-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0
Footballs my favorite sport and even though Madden hasn't been the perfect game I still get some enjoyment out of it.

So yeah I usually always get it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #79
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9

Yes I will Madden is yearly buy for me.

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Old 08-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
There is improvement obviously.

On the subject of "Madden is the same", it seems to have different meanings. One meaning comes from those biased haters who don't play the games at all.

Now, the other people who say Madden is the same every year are those who are kind of tired of the same old legacy issues, such as the CPU A.I, blocking, running, lack of atmosphere, etc., and overall doing nothing to reinvent the gameplay, as we've been using the same controls that have been in the game for a while. Past madden's were always fresh because they always found ways to reinvent themselves gameplay wise: Playmaker, Hit Stick, etc. I mentioned this on another thread, how using the right stick to aim and pulling the RT could be way to reinvent the gameplay and not keep it the same. The issue is that the core gameplay and it's problems remain. No major element from the game, is added into the game.

Do they even have an animation where the running back goes skinny?
Agree with most of what you said except for two things.

1) Lack of atmosphere- I disagree that they didn't improve that this year. The crowd swells are great. If you are talking about a half-time show, we knew that wasn't going in this year and many people would button through it, like myself, to get to the second half. Now, end of the game show, would be nice, but knew that wasn't going to make it, either.

2) No reinventing of gameplay controls- People complain loudly if they are used to the old controls and don't like change. ie qb vision cone, strategy pad. Here, they are in a no lose situation.

Otherwise, right on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »