Home

The Chicago Bears

This is a discussion on The Chicago Bears within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
The Chicago Bears

Hey I was just wondering what you guys all plan on doing with the Bears in CCM. This is a strange year for the Bears as there stacked with talent (although it is older.) but are stuck in arguably the toughest division in football.

At QB well obvious Cutler will be starting with Campbell backing up.. Finally have a legit backup. One issue I have is if I'm going to keep McCown and have a 3rd QB, he played well with the Bears last year. I think Cutler got a fair rating with an 87, he has a cannon is a little mobile and should be decently accurate. Campbell has okay accuracy but a stronger arm. McCown is a nice backup too has a weak arm but is mobile and accurate.

At RB your going to have problems sharing snaps with Forte and Bush. Forte has only been injured once and has amazing stamina always being the Bears whole offense.. Its not like Bush will be a 3rd down back because Forte is one of the best in the buisness at that. One place Bush will be useful for is in the redzone. I hope I can share their snaps pretty equally.. What will you guys do with that? Kahil Bell will be an emergency/ST guy for me.

WR is were my real problem is.. Marshall is the obvious number 1 although his hands are accuratly suspect with the madden 13 ratings (85 catching I think) he has good spectacular catch and CIT though. At number 2 its going to be between alshon Jeffery who has really good catching ratings but bad route running and is a bit slower or Hester who is just pure speed.. I have never started Hester in Madden before, but I don't know what are you guys going to do between Hester/Jeffery. Slot is easy for me, Bennett guy has glue for hands. At TE Kellen Davis will at least be a big target.

Offensive line is a mess I don't know were to start or how to improve it besides in the offseason.

Defensivly Peppers is a beast at 97. Their defense is awesome but extremely old.. Thats going to be the bulk of the 2014 draft picks. Hopefully I can keep the core together through the 14 or 15 season and have the defense built back up by then. Least we got a young D line with McCelin, Melton, and Paea. We also have a young Safety core with Wright, Conte, and recently drafted Brandon Hardin (athletic freak.) Could have a jam at safety.

Special teams Hester, Weems, Gould, and Podlesh enough said.

What are you guys going to do with progression? I'm using the bulk of my points on Alshon Jeffery followed by Brandon Hardin (6'3' fast and a hard hitting safety? with development could be a beast.) Lastly I'd develop McCelin. If Hardin develops right in a season or 2 I'll try to fetch a 3rd round draft pick for either Major Wright or Chris Conte.

Finally, are you guys going to be making any moves? What does your draft plans look like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Chicago Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
Hey I was just wondering what you guys all plan on doing with the Bears in CCM. This is a strange year for the Bears as there stacked with talent (although it is older.) but are stuck in arguably the toughest division in football.

At QB well obvious Cutler will be starting with Campbell backing up.. Finally have a legit backup. One issue I have is if I'm going to keep McCown and have a 3rd QB, he played well with the Bears last year. I think Cutler got a fair rating with an 87, he has a cannon is a little mobile and should be decently accurate. Campbell has okay accuracy but a stronger arm. McCown is a nice backup too has a weak arm but is mobile and accurate.

At RB your going to have problems sharing snaps with Forte and Bush. Forte has only been injured once and has amazing stamina always being the Bears whole offense.. Its not like Bush will be a 3rd down back because Forte is one of the best in the buisness at that. One place Bush will be useful for is in the redzone. I hope I can share their snaps pretty equally.. What will you guys do with that? Kahil Bell will be an emergency/ST guy for me.

WR is were my real problem is.. Marshall is the obvious number 1 although his hands are accuratly suspect with the madden 13 ratings (85 catching I think) he has good spectacular catch and CIT though. At number 2 its going to be between alshon Jeffery who has really good catching ratings but bad route running and is a bit slower or Hester who is just pure speed.. I have never started Hester in Madden before, but I don't know what are you guys going to do between Hester/Jeffery. Slot is easy for me, Bennett guy has glue for hands. At TE Kellen Davis will at least be a big target.

Offensive line is a mess I don't know were to start or how to improve it besides in the offseason.

Defensivly Peppers is a beast at 97. Their defense is awesome but extremely old.. Thats going to be the bulk of the 2014 draft picks. Hopefully I can keep the core together through the 14 or 15 season and have the defense built back up by then. Least we got a young D line with McCelin, Melton, and Paea. We also have a young Safety core with Wright, Conte, and recently drafted Brandon Hardin (athletic freak.) Could have a jam at safety.

What are you guys going to do with progression? I'm using the bulk of my points on Alshon Jeffery followed by Brandon Hardin (6'3' fast and a hard hitting safety? with development could be a beast.) Lastly I'd develop McCelin. If Hardin develops right in a season or 2 I'll try to fetch a 3rd round draft pick for either Major Wright or Chris Conte.

Finally, are you guys going to be making any moves? What does your draft plans look like?
1. QB. Cutler's gotta stay healthy. There are many things I want to do in CCM; help the Bears win the division and become a powerhouse is one of them. Cutler's got Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey. He should be able to find success. If he gets hurt, Jason Campbell should succeed. If Campbell doesn't do well, I'll be looking for a quarterback in the draft.
HB is a sure fire posistion with Matt Forte and Michael Bush.
WR is strong with Brandon Marshall, Jeffrey and Hester. I might look for a #4 receiver in FA, trade or draft. Johhny Knox tends to drop passes.
TE could use an update. Personally, I'm a fan of a dual TE set so I'l look for a second TE.
O line needs major help. They're why Cutler was hurt and the Bears went 8-8.
Defense- Needs youth. Peppers, Briggs and Urlacher only have a few years left. The secondary is also a concern.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13

I will be using the Bears in our upcoming Madden 13 CCM. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I will start Alshon Jeffrey though and try to make his career Hall Of Fame worthy. Since legacy will be so huge this year, I want at least one guy I can pad his career stats from day 1 and control his entire career. He looked great again vs Redskins yesterday on TV.

Safety Hardin actually got stretchered yesterday ..... but I share your sentiments there long term the kid can develop into a real beast. With the age problem on D, he and McClellin could be nice projects.

I'll throw Jeffrey in at th WR2 and Hester to WR3.

I'm not sure if we will resign Urlacher at the end of the year. We will have to seriously overhaul this old D.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite
I will be using the Bears in our upcoming Madden 13 CCM. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I will start Alshon Jeffrey though and try to make his career Hall Of Fame worthy. Since legacy will be so huge this year, I want at least one guy I can pad his career stats from day 1 and control his entire career. He looked great again vs Redskins yesterday on TV.

Safety Hardin actually got stretchered yesterday ..... but I share your sentiments there long term the kid can develop into a real beast. With the age problem on D, he and McClellin could be nice projects.

I'll throw Jeffrey in at th WR2 and Hester to WR3.

I'm not sure if we will resign Urlacher at the end of the year. We will have to seriously overhaul this old D.
I want to do that will Jeffery too! Haha I'm really high on him. His Sophmore year was AMAZING at SC. He did look good, with Cutler and Campbell. I'm pretty sick of the whole Hester as a WR act so I don't really want him there haha. I love Earl though. Bennett has excellent routes along with amazing hands.

Hardin was released from the hospital yesterday and said he was fine. They going to do tests in 2 weeks to see when he can play next. Hopefully its no biggy! He wasn't going to play much Safety this year anyways.. Mainly special teams. I hope McClellin will have the same kind succsess he had in College. I'm going to go 1. Marshall 2. Jeffery and 3. Bennett I think.

I'm going to make Urlacher retire A Bear so he will most certainly be signed for me haha.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd try Eric Weems on WR too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Can you hire Mike Singletary to be the head coach?

I would love to do that...

Might have to do a Game Face create a coach.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

If only there were a feature where BMarsh gets arrested and Cutler constantly whines.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano00
I'd try Eric Weems on WR too...
Kind of a crowded position for the Bears now. Although he has looked decent this preseason/camp. I think I'm going to put Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, and Sanzenbacher/Summers (Who ever makes the team) ahead of him. I like my special teams guys (Hester and Weems) to only be on ST.

Haha, I hope you can hire Singletary.. That would be sweet!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »