Home

Could someone explain the finer details of how DPP works.

This is a discussion on Could someone explain the finer details of how DPP works. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon5 Could someone explain the finer details of how DPP works.

LONG, i atleast tried to break it up.

DPP = Dynamic Player Performance (basically player traits for those wondering what the letters stand for)

I know alot has been made about the inflated or deflated ratings that madden gives to certain players every yr, but ive havent seen alot of talk about is the DPP ratings that are supposed to play out side by side with these ratings.

i ask this question because while i was playing the demo today i noticed some of the traits given to certain players are just as baffling as the attribute ratings given to certain players. so i was wondering if folks could provide alittle more in-depth details on exactly how this DPP system works.

4ex. i notice that Eli has a trait of oblivious to the pressure, yet another QB will have Paranoid or Trigger Happy. what i dont know is whats worst paranoid or Trigger Happy. whats worst a QB that throws the ball away or a QB that doesnt throw the ball away?

also when being controlled by the cpu, who better RG3 or Cousins? because although RG3 has better attributes, Cousins has better traits? this is just 1 example, but when trying to decide on which players to resign or not resign or draft, whats more important the attributes or the traits for your cpu controlled players?

how are these traits assigned to incoming draft prospects? are we able to scout traits or is it something you find out after the fact? if Tavarus Jackson has a trait of Paranoid to the pressure and he plays well can his trait be changed permanately to Oblivious to the pressure?

basically are player traits set in stone and thus only move according to how your playing at the moment, but ultimately whatever trait they are assigned to is who they are? or can players evolve into brand new traits and that be the baseline for who they are which is then independant of how they are playing at any given moment?

i wonder what criteria EA used to assign some of these traits. if these traits are based on the actual players themselves or if madden just makes them up based on other factors. i say this because how is M.Manningham the only WR on the demo that is considered "clutch." off of one play in the superbowl? wasnt that more about Eli's placement of the ball than Manningham catch? wasnt his doing good in the 4th qrt more about doubling Cruz and Nicks making sure they didnt win the game. i mean didnt the hoodie leave him single covered because he didnt think he was clutch?

im just confused alil becuase neither H.Nicks, V.Cruz, nor R.Moss have traits of a "clutch" player, but M.Manningham does?

also how is Randy Moss considered a player who's trait is to drop wide open passes, yet other players like a M.Manningham or alot of the unproven WRs traits are that they are "not prone" to dropping open passes? But R.Moss is prone?

4tr, im not trying to pick on Manningham, i have nothing against him as a player and fact is he did step up in the biggest game but i hardly thinks that warrents him being lables as a clutch WR off of 1 game. and not only that but he is the only wr on the demo that has the clutch trait.

im just trying to understand EAs logic behind who is given what traits and how the entire system works.

couple of other things im confused on.

so H.Nicks has a trait to fight 4 yards after the catch and also a trait of bracing for big hits against medium big hitters. so in a game where i was the Giants he fumbles, then his trait drops to doesnt fight for yards and braces for big hits against all hitters.

im confused about this because isnt the latter better anyways. meaning if fumbling is the real negative here, doesnt his trait supposedly being lowered mean that he is less likely to fumble? if that the case then thats what i want, less fumbles, i could care less about him fighting for yards after the catch. so im confused. this also applies to the RBs as well.

also is it me or does it seem like just random ppl pop up as there traits have changed?

so as you can see im really confused about the more finer points of how this whole system is supposed to work. if someone could please break it all down for me that would be greatly appreciated because im sure there might be others who dont quite understand it either.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 08-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Could someone explain the finer details of how DPP works.

so noone understands how DPP works ??

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »