Home

Schemes moving with the coach

This is a discussion on Schemes moving with the coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Schemes moving with the coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
The biggest issue to me is: Players should be viewed dynamically, not just according to each specific scheme.

Example: If a Dick Lebeau (34 coach) moves to Carolina carrying his scheme, in Madden13 that coach would deem Charles Johnson/Greg Hardy as not proper fits for his scheme just because their POSITIONS don't match what the scheme looks for in that particular position; when in reality the scheme should look for player attributes and see how they can adapt. Long story short... if a 34 coach moves to a 43 team, the system should recognize this and move 43 DE's to 34 OLB's.

Or the much simpler solution.... In addition to 43 DE & 34 OLB just create a hybrid position, something like Passrusher, a player that can play both.

I'd even say do away with 43DE & 34OLB and just have the hybrid passrusher but I reckon some players are not really flexible in terms of schemes.
Everything you say here highlights EA's biggest miss in CCM - PLAYER ADAPTABILITY in schemes. If I run a 4-3 and Dwight Freeney becomes a free agent, he would be a bad fit at OLB in my 4-3.

If I want Freeney I have to sign him as an OLB and move him to defensive end on the depth chart and watch his awareness rating plummet (EVEN THOUGH HE HAS PLAYED DEFENSIVE END FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER UNTIL THIS YEAR).
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

thats terrible

we cat edit positions?

thing is, with LB/De its usually the opposite.

A OLB can move to DE and get a boost in ratings while a DE can be moved to OLB and drop in ratings
Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

I hope they put more emphasis on the Coordinators and their schemes. For example, the Bengals D is what it is not because of Marvin Lewis, but because of Zimmer. So in my ccm if Zimmer leaves to coach elsewhere, my defensive scheme should be what it is based on who I hire to replace Zim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
I hope they put more emphasis on the Coordinators and their schemes. For example, the Bengals D is what it is not because of Marvin Lewis, but because of Zimmer. So in my ccm if Zimmer leaves to coach elsewhere, my defensive scheme should be what it is based on who I hire to replace Zim.
no coordinators this year.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #13
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
no coordinators this year.
Ok well I hope they do this in M14 then lol
Old 08-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
Ok well I hope they do this in M14 then lol
yes but it also needs to be tied to how each coach runs things. guys like Sean Peyton run the O and a new OC wouldn't change the saints that much. while like what was said earlier with Tomlin and LeBeau, if LeBeau left the team could possibly change to a different D.

Each coach needs to have his own D and O scheme and how controlling they are with each one. Like in head coach 09 each head coach got to choose whether to use their own scheme/playbook or their coordinators.

This would allow for guys like LeBeau to become HCs and keep their scheme on their preferred side of the ball while allowing their coordinator on the other side control.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Keeping my fingers crossed that a player's trait (or whatever it's called in the game) can change to better fit schemes.

Ex: If Terrell Suggs is a 3-4 pass rushing OLB I hope the game can flex it if the Ravens switch to a 4-3. I know his position will still be OLB, but I'm hoping his trait could switch to maybe become a 4-3 blitzing OLB or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »