Home

Question about Goals

This is a discussion on Question about Goals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about Goals

Quick question regarding coaching goals and getting fired.

I understand that as a coach, your goals are tied to your level. If your a level 4 coach, your goals are gonna be tougher than if you were level 1.

What I want to know is are they also team dependant? For example if i'm a level 4 coach for the Bills, are my goals going to be lower than if I was a level 4 coach for the Patriots?

Just a bit worried that as Bills coach I could be expected to win the superbowl first season because i've chosen to be level 4, when realistically no one would ever expect that even if Vince Lombardi was the coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Question about Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS

I understand that as a coach, your goals are tied to your level. If your a level 4 coach, your goals are gonna be tougher than if you were level 1.

What I want to know is are they also team dependant? For example if i'm a level 4 coach for the Bills, are my goals going to be lower than if I was a level 4 coach for the Patriots?

Just a bit worried that as Bills coach I could be expected to win the superbowl first season because i've chosen to be level 4, when realistically no one would ever expect that even if Vince Lombardi was the coach.
Good question, and one I asked about a week ago, with no reply
Hopefully someone can help us out
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
Good question, and one I asked about a week ago, with no reply
Hopefully someone can help us out
Yeah hopefully...and hey as Liverpool fans we know alllll about having expectations that don't match realism right? haha
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah hopefully...and hey as Liverpool fans we know alllll about having expectations that don't match realism right? haha
We sure do
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I think so. If you're a team like the Colts, Browns, etc, your goals are going to be lower than if you're a playoff team. Example- the Colts' coach's goals might be to go 8-8, while the Patriots' goals could be to go anywhere from 12-4 to 16-0.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

I may be wrong here but I think this is how it works:

Each coach has a level 1-4. But in addition to that, each coach has goals that have levels 1-4.

For example, your goal level 1 may be to win 3 games, level 2 is 6 games, level 3 is 9 games, level 4 is 12 games. So while you may have Overall goals like to win the superbowl or go undefeated, even just completing the different levels is good. So if you win 6 games and complete those two levels, it's not like you get automatically fired for not completing the higher goals.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
I may be wrong here but I think this is how it works:

Each coach has a level 1-4. But in addition to that, each coach has goals that have levels 1-4.

For example, your goal level 1 may be to win 3 games, level 2 is 6 games, level 3 is 9 games, level 4 is 12 games. So while you may have Overall goals like to win the superbowl or go undefeated, even just completing the different levels is good. So if you win 6 games and complete those two levels, it's not like you get automatically fired for not completing the higher goals.
Ok i think i'm understanding. Is it stated which level you are expected to reach?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

I thought if you created a coach or used a legend coach you had to start at level 1...if you were using an existing coach, you'd be at their level and on the team they currently coach, so their goals and levels would make sense for that team. Could be wrong though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »