Home

Breaking Down Madden: Core Experience and Audience

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Madden: Core Experience and Audience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Breaking Down Madden: Core Experience and Audience

Quote:
Originally Posted by comen
Thats Maddens biggest problem right now!! Not having choices or customization!! It cant be that hard for them to implement options for casual all the way through to the hardcore! Customization is a must and caters to all users! The game has surely took a huge turn towards people that cant play football games(casual) or dont really care about true football sim! Maybe they should make 2 games: one called casual football and one called NFL football! (Great article tho!)
If anything the game has taken a huge turn towards the hardcore this year. Just because you can't do a fantasy draft(not realistic/casual) or control all 32 teams(casual/hardcore) doesn't mean that it's not for the hardcore. I totally agree about customization and giving us more options, that is something I really think EA football has been lacking since it went to the 360/PS3. One major area this is lacking is with legends, in NBA2k it's awesome how you can have a season with classic teams, uniforms, stadiums, presentation, you name it. In Madden other than in MUT, they only let us choose 1 legend and put him on a team to play with.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #34
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If anything the game has taken a huge turn towards the hardcore this year. Just because you can't do a fantasy draft(not realistic/casual) or control all 32 teams(casual/hardcore) doesn't mean that it's not for the hardcore. I totally agree about customization and giving us more options, that is something I really think EA football has been lacking since it went to the 360/PS3. One major area this is lacking is with legends, in NBA2k it's awesome how you can have a season with classic teams, uniforms, stadiums, presentation, you name it. In Madden other than in MUT, they only let us choose 1 legend and put him on a team to play with.
Fantasy Drafts can be done by hardcore fans too. Along with other features not in the mode.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Fantasy Drafts can be done by hardcore fans too. Along with other features not in the mode.
That's true, but not having it in the game doesn't make the game any less hardcore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
in order for them to survive they must cater to their hardcore fan base ...if someone wants to play madden bad enough ...they will learn ..one time getting spanked by a friend or the cpu should be their motivation to get better...if they give up after a bad loss and say "its too hard for me" ...then they in all likelyhood would not be a madden gamer for very long anyway and would move on to another game that they are more interested in...if you love football you WILL learn how to play madden...its NOT rocket science
This will not happen. Ea makes most of it's money off of casual fans. What do u think what would happen to Call of duty if it cater to their hardcore fan base?? It'll sell alot less. EA is a business and just like every other business they're in it to make money. Point blank
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #37
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I guess I can officially call myself a casual fan by his standards. I still love my XBox, but at my age, reality has really set in and I just don't have the free time I used to spend practicing and improving in games like this. My biggest gripe with Madden has always been the massive gap between difficulty levels. It just seems like one level is easy enough to get boring, and the next level is frustratingly hard, even cheap at times. It would be cool if they added a few "tweener" levels so I can stop spending my precious few gameplay hours tinkering with sliders.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
LOL, I'm surprised you didn't say it was a win for the casual. The only thing M13 did for the casual was probably piss them off, no fantasy drafts, no option to control all the teams in Connected Careers, trying to remove nanos.
XP/Goals/Progression=Casual
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #39
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
This is awesome. Great read!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #40
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I deleted my initial post in here, but I want to make about the same point as to what the business model for this game should be:

Logic states you look through all the years of Madden sales, pick the year that sold the most and whatever that game's core features/options were, that's what every game should at least have coded in. Again, that's just simple business ethics they'll teach you in first-in classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »