Home

Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Holdouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkanador
Why do you think i put hold out in parentheses genius? Its maddens version of a hold out.
Quote:
THANK YOU! that's what I have been saying and they don't understand! There was a reason I put hold out in parentheses. Basically they are holding out on signing with you.
I don't think you know what parentheses are... (these are parentheses) "and these are quotation marks." Might wanna get that right before sarcastically calling him a genius.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
THANK YOU! that's what I have been saying and they don't understand! There was a reason I put hold out in parentheses. Basically they are holding out on signing with you.
You tried to have the screen name "Gronkinator," except you misspelled it, didn't you?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

No holdouts. At around the 1:53 mark of this video but like others have said, players can choose to not resign with you and test the market in the off season if contract negotiations don't go well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Why do you think i put hold out in parentheses genius? Its maddens version of a hold out.
You didnt.. those are quotations haha
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
I don't think you know what parentheses are... (these are parentheses) "and these are quotation marks." Might wanna get that right before sarcastically calling him a genius.
What do you expect from a Pats fan?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Not signing is holding out. Its like the player is saying if you want me to play give me a better offer. That is the reason players hold out. They want a better contract.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Not signing is holding out. Its like the player is saying if you want me to play give me a better offer. That is the reason players hold out. They want a better contract.
A player holds out to get a better contract than his current one and doesn't play while he's holding out. It's basically striking over pay. If his contracts running out and he doesn't sign with you and then goes to a different team that's just signing with a different team. Holdouts are not in the game. Does anyone know if the NFL said they can't put holdouts in the game?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I think the thread is asking about real life holdouts, like MJD's. If he holds out, he doesn't play and gets penalized heavily every day he isn't with the team, if I am not mistaken. He wants to renegotiate his contract that he still has 2 years on.

THAT is the holdout most people refer to. Ryan Tannehil did something similar. No contract, no camp.

That said, THOSE (real life) kinds of holdouts aren't in the game. If you want to call a guy who would rather test the free agent market than sign with you a holdout, go ahead, but that's not what a holdout really is. That's more like burnout. lol

These Madden "holdouts" aren't really holdouts. It sounds like it's just a guy not wanting to resign with you. Hardly a holdout.

Madden '05 on the Game Cube, however, had real holdouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »