Home

Pre-determined Outcomes (A.K.A. Super Linebackers) in M13

This is a discussion on Pre-determined Outcomes (A.K.A. Super Linebackers) in M13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Nah, I don't think "Super Linebackers" are in this game. As a matter a fact I myself have only been picked off once in over 7-8 games by a linebacker and there are times when I gambled and thought maybe I should have been intercepted. And I'm positive had I made the same throw in previous maddens it would have went the other way haha.
Right. I've only had it happen once so I'm pretty pleased. It was very annoying in the previous games when that happened.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Pre-determined Outcomes (A.K.A. Super Linebackers) in M13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I've played 10 games and for the first time last night intercepted a pass with a linebacker. I regularly throw passes over the mlb's to wr's and tight ends, super linebackers are not in the game.

Mods please close this thread
Old 08-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

There are times when the my third receiver is running a deep post route and streak route up the middle, and I can't throw to him - It's either lob or the LB picks it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Why make a thread about something we already know is not in the game. If you've been following Madden 13 for more than a day you know super linebackers are not in the game.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Why make a thread about something we already know is not in the game. If you've been following Madden 13 for more than a day you know super linebackers are not in the game.
If you've played the demo you know they are still there. I don't think is so much a jumping issue, but a reaction time issue. No one can react as fast as some of these LBs to to passes.

Edit - Also 15 yard passes even bullet passes still aren't getting high enough off the ground. They should be 10+ feet off the ground.

Last edited by raiders81tim; 08-22-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
If you've played the demo you know they are still there. I don't think is so much a jumping issue, but a reaction time issue. No one can react as fast as some of these LBs to to passes.
I pretty much agree with this. It seems for the most part they've resolved the issue of LBs having 20 foot verticals, but the reaction times from some of the players in coverage is extremely too fast at times.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Based on the very first post, I don't know that it isn't in the game. I thought it was supposedly gone, but I'm still seeing it in the demo.

If it's true (as you say) that super linebackers are not in the game, then it deserves some serious discussion when it shows up.

And to reiterate... I've never felt that "super linebackers" was the problem -- that is a symptom.

The problem was pre-determined outcomes that initiate on the button-press. The read-and-react defense goes out the window when the linebacker goes into an interception animation the instant I press the button to throw. That's a programming logic issue more than simply one end-result action.

Last edited by jmik58; 08-22-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Super linebackers are most definitely not in the game. If you can't throw in the middle of the field then you are trying to force something or you are just bad at passing. Tap it for a better passing trajectory for long passes. Of course if you throw the ball in the middle of the field where the linebackers are they will get it, duh...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »