Home

Is anyone else seeing these things in the demo???

This is a discussion on Is anyone else seeing these things in the demo??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Is anyone else seeing these things in the demo???

Finally got the demo...have played 8-10 games so far. I basically like the feel of it and the look. I'd have to say this is best looking next gen madden in terms of graphics, animations and physics. The game also has the best feel to it of all the next gens, at least for me. I have noticed some unusual things that I'm hoping will get fixed in the actual game. Wondering if I'm alone on this:
1. Super Jumping Linebackers.
2. The game seems to follow a pattern. I score on my first drive with ease and stuff the cpu for a few possessions. On my second drive all of a sudden the cpu becomes rock solid....it just feels so different. It's not that he's cathing on to play calling as I use ask Madden. The rest of the game feels uneven with me moving with ease for a few plays , then getting stuffed for few. While the cpu seems to do better an better with each drive. Every game I've played has felt like this...could be just me but it's been eerily consistent.
3. Poor time management by cpu team. At the end of the half, down 10-3 the cpu had 6 seconds left after calling a timeout on my 5 yard line. To my amazement he comes out in regular offense, not fg. Then throws a swing pass toward the middle of field so his back had no chance to go out of bounds...half ends.....
4. I'm down 7-0 near half. I complete a flag to Cruz on the opponents 25 yard line and he steps (not tackled mind you) out of bounds. 10 seconds show on the clock. I'm thinking ok, FG before half, I'll take it. The booth reviews the call and determines the catch was good...but then the half ends!!!! Where were my 10 seconds. The animation didn't even return to the huddle. Right from booth rules inbounds to "thats halftime folks".
5. I usually play on all madden with slider modifications to make it harder for me, although WR catch is usually raised so I dont' get 10 dropped balls a game (see Jarrods sliders which I used in M12). I played on straight all madden and it was tough, low scoring games. All lost be me. (I've not played maddenin about 2 months so maybe I lost a little something). I decide to try all pro, thinking easy win....wrong. I won but not easy. My point: seems like the toughest all pro had been in a long long times. Anyone else on this? I'm fine with that, I dont' care the level as long as it's a good tough game.

So is it just me, or is anyone else seeing at least some of these things when they play the demo.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is anyone else seeing these things in the demo???

1. Super Jumping Linebackers.

Comparing to LBs from previous Maddens, they have their jumping ability pretty spot on, as all throws they pick off are legitimately my fault. Nothing seems out of the ordinary in my view.

2. The game seems to follow a pattern. I score on my first drive with ease and stuff the cpu for a few possessions. On my second drive all of a sudden the cpu becomes rock solid....it just feels so different. It's not that he's cathing on to play calling as I use ask Madden. The rest of the game feels uneven with me moving with ease for a few plays , then getting stuffed for few. While the cpu seems to do better an better with each drive. Every game I've played has felt like this...could be just me but it's been eerily consistent.

Strangely, its quite the opposite for me... I start rough, throwing picks and down by a couple scores then make my way back into the game with the CPU becoming deficient as time goes on.

3. Poor time management by cpu team. At the end of the half, down 10-3 the cpu had 6 seconds left after calling a timeout on my 5 yard line. To my amazement he comes out in regular offense, not fg. Then throws a swing pass toward the middle of field so his back had no chance to go out of bounds...half ends.....

I found that the halftime AI management seemed to be pretty good, calling timeouts and spiking the ball and passing when needed... Its the end of the game time management that the AI has been really poor. With less than a minute to go, and them on their own 20 yard line they pretty much ran every single play, calling timeouts only to run again until time ran out... Fortunately, This is how most of the demos played out in previous maddens, and they fixed it in the retail version.

4. I'm down 7-0 near half. I complete a flag to Cruz on the opponents 25 yard line and he steps (not tackled mind you) out of bounds. 10 seconds show on the clock. I'm thinking ok, FG before half, I'll take it. The booth reviews the call and determines the catch was good...but then the half ends!!!! Where were my 10 seconds. The animation didn't even return to the huddle. Right from booth rules inbounds to "thats halftime folks".

Never seen anything like this, hopefully gets fixed in the retail version.

5. I usually play on all madden with slider modifications to make it harder for me, although WR catch is usually raised so I dont' get 10 dropped balls a game (see Jarrods sliders which I used in M12). I played on straight all madden and it was tough, low scoring games. All lost be me. (I've not played maddenin about 2 months so maybe I lost a little something). I decide to try all pro, thinking easy win....wrong. I won but not easy. My point: seems like the toughest all pro had been in a long long times. Anyone else on this? I'm fine with that, I dont' care the level as long as it's a good tough game.

Yeah I agree, I play on All pro and its pretty tough, at least tougher than years past. I am enjoying it very much, especially on slow game speed, and low threshold.
WIZ
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is anyone else seeing these things in the demo???

I have seen poor clock management as well. In fact even poor play calling.

I always think all-pro is a little tougher in demos. New tackling, lack of playbook and teams knowledge usually accounts for this. Also with 5 minute quarters its easier for the CPU to keep it kind of close

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »