Home

Top 5 Secondaries in Madden 13

This is a discussion on Top 5 Secondaries in Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Top 5 Secondaries in Madden 13

I like Dallas' depth

CB#1: Brandon Carr

Is an excellent press corner with good enough speed to keep up with most WR's in today's NFL. Is very physical at the line of scrimmage. Has adequate hands and can bring down the ball carrier.

CB#2: Morris Claiborne

Has great hips and amazing ball hawking ability. Very coveted going into the draft, mentioned as possessing the best ball skills in the last decade of any defensive back. Adequate press skills, great in man to man with solid speed and athleticism.

CB#3: Orlando Scandrick (Nickel)

Possesses blazing speed (96) with shortcomings in press man, lacks elite coverage ability. His athleticism alone keeps him relevant and helps against speedy mismatch slot WR's.

CB#4: Mike Jenkins

Provides supreme depth for both Carr and Claiborne (some may start Jenkins). Expect 90+ man coverage, press, and speed (according to Madden 12). Those attributes alone will make him extremely relevant. He'll likely be coveted in Connected Careers mode via trades as he has good core attributes.

FS#1: Gerald Sensabaugh

Combines good size with supreme athleticism. A very well rounded safety whom at times can ball hawk but can also lay down a good hit. Has an fantastic vertical (96 jump) so going deep on him is always a risk.

SS#1: Barry Church

Is a very hard hitter, has shown excellent progression as a young safety this year in training camp. He's the biggest question mark on this list, I expect a upgrade of sorts but you don't never know if Donny's looking that deep. I've had great success with Church starting in Madden 12 if that means anything.

I don't know I think Dallas at least deserves an honorable mention. I think too much emphasis is being put on safety's and not enough on corner depth. Just my two cents.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

You guys don't think Arizona would be top 5?

Patrick Peterson Cb1
Gay/Toler/Fleming Cb 2
Wilson SS
Rhodes FS

I'd say that are at least 5th.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen2244
You guys don't think Arizona would be top 5?

Patrick Peterson Cb1
Gay/Toler/Fleming Cb 2
Wilson SS
Rhodes FS

I'd say that are at least 5th.
Mmm, it's really close for those bottom spots because quite a bit of teams have good secondaries.. I think Arizona just missed the cut somewhere between the 8th or 6th best.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

People keep saying that there are a lot of good secondaries but I would actually disagree. QB's eat up secondaries these days. A lot of the suggestions have a lot of unproven young players with great potential.

I agree with that top 5 except for maybe the Giants as I feel they are a product of their pass rush.

The Bengals probably are rated a little bit too high but should be in the top 5 due to their depth.

Ravens could be #3 IRL due to Ed Reed being the best safety by a lot. Webb and Smith are really good corners too.

Jets and Eagles should be #1 and #2. Eagles didn't play to their corners strengths last year. I think that will be better this year. Jets hands down have the best CB tandem in the NFL.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0

Jets are totally #1, their M13 Secondary isn't even fair.

But, I'd have to agree with everyone else.. the Seahawks secondary must be on the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the OP's list. Of course there's no real way to tell until we all dive into the game and see how all these guys actually play and what their strengths/weaknesses are. But the initial list looks pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »