Home

UPDATED: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives in September, No Details Announced Yet

This is a discussion on UPDATED: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives in September, No Details Announced Yet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaGamer_OS
Again - everybody BREATHE.

This game isn't yet officially released on the console for the majority yet some are carrying on like this problem has existed since John Madden was a boy. I have faith that this number issue and with it other concerns will be patched once all the feedback has been collated.
We've been hearing " have faith" and " we're listening" for 8 yrs now. When will the shoddy design and poor execution stop?

The potential is there, but sheesh, it's been there since next gen began in 05!

Bugs will always exist. But the constant lack of testing just leads to do many issues.

If in my job I would be so careless not only would I be sued, but I would be outright let go. But yet year after year..there is one thing that's we can always count on.... A madden game with issues that are discovered within in hours of playing but yet not corrected in development.
And I'm not talking just jersey numbers cuz I now know how to fix it. And just that process is a chore. You mean to tell me nobody noticed this sooner and said " hey, check this out!". ?

C'mon man....

Last edited by SA1NT401; 08-26-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #90
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UPDATED: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives in September, No Details Announced Ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
We've been hearing " have faith" and " we're listening" for 8 yrs now. When will the shoddy design and poor execution stop?

The potential is there, but sheesh, it's been there since next gen began in 05!

Bugs will always exist. But the constant lack of testing just leads to do many issues.

If in my job I would be so careless not only would I be sued, but I would be outright let go. But yet year after year..there is one thing that's we can always count on.... A madden game with issues that are discovered within in hours of playing but yet not corrected in development.
And I'm not talking just jersey numbers cuz I now know how to fix it. And just that process is a chore. You mean to tell me nobody noticed this sooner and said " hey, check this out!". ?

C'mon man....
Don't all anticipated releases come with a need to be patched routinely? Why do we continue to attack Madden when others get a pass?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: UPDATED: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives in September, No Details Announced Ye

Unlike other games, Madden is the only football game out there. If we don't like COD we can play Battlefield or other shooter games. With Madden we have no other choice if we want to play a football game using NFL teams. Then there's the issue of getting so close but taking away things that weren't broke and only added to the value of the game (editing players this year). It seems like every year that make strides forward but don't pay attention to detail allowing stupid mistakes that take away from the game. If they would fix these with patches there would be no worries but they don't patch all major issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #92
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Don't all anticipated releases come with a need to be patched routinely? Why do we continue to attack Madden when others get a pass?
Of most games I've played, Madden is routinely and by far in the worst shape each year at release.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #93
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Of most games I've played, Madden is routinely and by far in the worst shape each year at release.
Eh, I've seen worst.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #94
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by docolla
Unlike other games, Madden is the only football game out there. If we don't like COD we can play Battlefield or other shooter games. With Madden we have no other choice if we want to play a football game using NFL teams. Then there's the issue of getting so close but taking away things that weren't broke and only added to the value of the game (editing players this year). It seems like every year that make strides forward but don't pay attention to detail allowing stupid mistakes that take away from the game. If they would fix these with patches there would be no worries but they don't patch all major issues.
You make a fair point re: Madden being the only NFL release though is that enough reason to crucify developers marking them differently to other developers if only because they own the market? The same blood, sweat and tears goes in to the Madden franchise regardless.

I don't pretend to not understand the frustrations of the majority here though I still believe it's a mass over reaction given again - the game's official release date is yet to tick over.

Last edited by ImaGamer_OS; 08-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wouldn't say it's a mass over reaction, just disappointment and frustration at the loop that is madden. High hopes, being let down, hoping issues will be patched, let down once again, hoping next year is better, then repeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
You make a fair point re: Madden being the only NFL release though is that enough reason to crucify developers marking them differently to other developers if only because they own the market? The same blood, sweat and tears goes in to the Madden franchise regardsless.

I don't pretend to not understand the frustrations of the majority here though I still believe it's a mass over reaction given again - the game's official release date is yet to tick over.
And when it does officially release many more will know its another year of waiting on patches, figuring out workarounds etc etc. I'm sure other stuff is gonna surface and just wait if there are bigger issues with online CC. Then their main audience is gonna start chirping....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »