Home

UPDATED: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives in September, No Details Announced Yet

This is a discussion on UPDATED: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives in September, No Details Announced Yet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #49
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives September 11th, No Details Have Been Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
The lack of details worry me. What's broken that they don't want to admit yet needing to be fixed?
Why should they put out details now? Let people get their hands on the retail and enjoy the game first. If I didn't have the game, I'm not sure I'd want to know the bugs right off the bat b/c it would probably tarnish my initial experience.

Last edited by RGiles36; 08-23-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update Arrives September 11th, No Details Have Been Announced

Funny how some guys who don't even have the game are ^&(&^&*^ about what's wrong.

Yes i've only has it a day and a half, but this it the first time in 7-8 years i woke up today wanting to play Madden after work

Something things need fixed, but the path to a good football here and in the future are here and the team seems to be trying to give us what we wanted 7-8 years ago..

Last edited by Cpterp22; 08-23-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #51
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I will suggest this again, for all the good it will likely do. We are all aware that the game is not tuned for optimal realism, it is tuned for a "fun"/realism balance. So they should release two separate optional tuner sets, one "balanced" for casual Madden play, the other for the "hardcore" tuned for optimal realism.

I realize there are sliders available online this year but tuner sets effect things that sliders can not. Can anyone think of a viable reason why this couldn't be done?
What sort of differences would you expect to see in two different tuner sets? In other words, what do you think could be accomplished in a 'hardcore' tuner set that can't be accomplished with sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #52
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Funny how some guys who don't even have the game are ^&(&^&*^ about what's wrong.

Yes i've only has it a day and a half, but this it the first time in 7-8 years i woke up today wanting to play Madden after work

Something things need fixed, but the path to a good football here and in the future are here and the team seems to be trying to give us what we wanted 7-8 years ago..
Doesn't matter really, I love the demo and man can't wait for the game next week...but there is still some stuff that needs to be fixed.

Some problems like some blatant uniform errors plus a complete oversight on assisted tackles not being recorded is really problematic to some.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 9

I agree and in no way am giving ea a pass, but I'm more worried about gameplay than other things. That what keeps me playing, not jersey's.

I feel when we start making points about stuff like that. EA never gets to the game play
Old 08-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #54
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UPDATE: Just received word from EA Sports. The September 11th date is not confirmed. No specific date can be provided regarding updates until they have been approved by first parties.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #55
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
What sort of differences would you expect to see in two different tuner sets? In other words, what do you think could be accomplished in a 'hardcore' tuner set that can't be accomplished with sliders?
I appreciate you asking. My rational is that since we have been told by the devs, that they are not tuning the game to play optimally realistic "out the box" but are seeking to "balance" the game, I am thinking a "hardcore" tuner set could be tuned to be their best effort at optimal NFL realism in game play. The same thing I have been saying about a "simulation" setting but for some reason that can't be done in Madden. So I am thinking a separate hardcore tuner set, could accomplish the same thing.

I gave examples in that other thread but for instance if the Madden Railtracks is still in, tune the locomotion for optimal realism instead of optimal User control, use the tuners to give us DEs that use finesse moves like they did for RB in NCAA 13, use tuners to tone down DTs but increase pressure from DEs, use tuners to have DPI trigger like it did in older Maddens with contact, use tuners to make FGs harder, etc.

In a nutshell, use the tuners to give the hardcore gamers, the devs version of optimally NFL realistic game play in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #56
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I gave examples in that other thread but for instance if the Madden Railtracks is still in, tune the locomotion for optimal realism instead of optimal User control, use the tuners to give us DEs that use finesse moves like they did for RB in NCAA 13, use tuners to tone down DTs but increase pressure from DEs, use tuners to have DPI trigger like it did in older Maddens with contact, use tuners to make FGs harder, etc.
I gotcha.

As for locomotion which would be the biggest benefit in what you're proposing, I just don't think that's possible. In order to tune locomotion, you simultaneously have to tune logic. Otherwise, if the AI doesn't know how to use a different locomotion, the game will be broken.

That's what initially birthed the idea that Tiburon shows community reps a good version of Madden, and then changes everything by retail release (I still don't subscribe to this theory but I digress). People that went to the M10 community event will tell you locomotion was relatively tight. But the AI apparently couldn't function under the conditions. It didn't know how to pursue as a defender...it didn't know how to get in position to catch passes.

I have to think tuning the locomotion and the AI is a project -- not something you put together in a few weeks and push out in an update.

That's part of the reason why I think two separate tuner sets is not a realistic possibility. I think it's much more realistic that they continue on this path that their on of making the game more realistic, eventually getting to a point where a hardcore setting isn't a request but rather it'll just be a fundamental part of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »