Home

Here is an idea for patching multiplayer CC, CO OP, Fantasy Draft removal...

This is a discussion on Here is an idea for patching multiplayer CC, CO OP, Fantasy Draft removal... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

OVR: 2
Here is an idea for patching multiplayer CC, CO OP, Fantasy Draft removal...

Here is my idea and I really hope that with some work we can get the developers behind this. If I'm correct both Madden Ultimate Team and Madden Moments were both game modes that were patched in. Now I'm not that sure about Madden Moments but MUT must have been a heavy undertaking. I mean between the card design, logic, etc... It was an entirely new mode.

A lot of us after realizing that Madden 13 would not include offline multiplayer franchise, 32 team control, fantasy draft, co op, etc... because of Connected Careers have decided just to skip this year. Well here is what I propose.

If these can't be implemented because of Connected Careers then so be it... make an entirely separate option called Season and or Franchise not under the Connected Careers umbrella. I don't even care if it has the same exact menus/look as last year. Heck, I don't care if it has no features at all as long as it allows you to play the games and keeps stats. Am I thinking crazy here? How hard would it be to just patch in last years season mode (or something close) and have it do NOTHING with connected careers? I mean they patched in an entire online fantasy card game lol. What do you guys think possible or not?

Last edited by orhymes; 08-27-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Here is an idea for patching multiplayer CC, CO OP, Fantasy Draft removal...

It's a great idea. Not sure if they can do that or have the abilities to go back and do all that stuff. but this much is sure for me, i've never even dabbled with the MUT. It's not even remotely interesting to me. I say do without that, free up some space and at least bring back player edit. At the very least.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Aschulz484's Arena

OVR: 4
Connected careers is franchise mode though. Just can't edit players and have draft classes from ncaa.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Here is an idea for patching multiplayer CC, CO OP, Fantasy Draft removal...

Seriously just give us madden 12 with a roster update. That would be nice for some of us. But I know it won't happen.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orhymes
If I'm correct both Madden Ultimate Team and Madden Moments were both game modes that were patched in. Now I'm not that sure about Madden Moments but MUT must have been a heavy undertaking. I mean between the card design, logic, etc... It was an entirely new mode.
for someone who doesn't "code" (a programmer) this seems so simple.

code writers sometimes include "hooks" in their code to allow certain things to easily be patched into their work later.

that was the case for MUT and Madden moments. these were features they INTENDED to be in their code but just didn't have the time to add it with their shipped product. so, they created "hooks" to easily implement them later by, in lames terms, inserting a portion of code later.

this is not the case with your proposal. madden13 has, very easily, millions upon millions of lines of code. in a yearly release like madden, you will never see a huge feature like this added with a patch unless the dev already had it planned into their cycle.

so, no hope for this ever to be in madden13.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
for someone who doesn't "code" (a programmer) this seems so simple.

code writers sometimes include "hooks" in their code to allow certain things to easily be patched into their work later.

that was the case for MUT and Madden moments. these were features they INTENDED to be in their code but just didn't have the time to add it with their shipped product. so, they created "hooks" to easily implement them later by, in lames terms, inserting a portion of code later.

this is not the case with your proposal. madden13 has, very easily, millions upon millions of lines of code. in a yearly release like madden, you will never see a huge feature like this added with a patch unless the dev already had it planned into their cycle.

so, no hope for this ever to be in madden13.
Well then you've made me happier than a pig in slop... because I'm sure multiplayer CC, CO OP, and Fantasy Draft are things they plan on implementing so there must be hooks for them in the current software.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »