Home

Outside Running

This is a discussion on Outside Running within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Outside Running

Hey guys this may be common knowledge already but I figured I would try to get it out there to be seen by the community guys so they could pass it on to the devs since most people believe they will be focusing on line play in 14.

I have been playing Madden games for years now and one thing that always stood out to me is how easy it is to just spam outside runs. I do not do this, as I do not play the games to cheat the system but some of my friends do it and it really gets irritating having to deal with it. The peoblem with stretch plays and some tosses is that the line blocks straight forward, which causes the defenders to attach themselves to the offensive lines blocks, which lets the runner easily scoot outside untouched for 20 yard gains.

The fix to this (I just figured it out watching some pre-season games, cant believe it took me this long to figure out) is to have the offensive line flow to the left or right, depending on where you call the run play. Doing this, it causes the defensive line to flow with the offensive line and forces the runningback to cut the ball upfield (which is what is supposed to happen). The developers could have done this semi-correctly because they already have a move mo-capped. It is the one where basically the defensive player "rides out the block" where say you play as a defensive end and push down and to the right to get to the QB, the game plays out an animaton where he is doing what I can best describe as "riding a block". This is probably meant to make it look like there is a pocket forming, but they could have also made this so when tosses and stretch plays are called, the line and linebackers all flow to the ball instead of JUST the linebackers (and god forbid the linebackers blitz you will have 30 yards to work with untouched.)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »