Home

Game meant to be played on very slow

This is a discussion on Game meant to be played on very slow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Game meant to be played on very slow

Players feel heavy with lower thresholds. Low threshold gives a sense of weight to the players. Players with low acceleration ratings feel like slow players versus players with high acceleration ratings who feel fast and mobile.

Sure, it may not be the most realistic simulation, but neither are the higher thresholds, and above all, low threshold feels better to me; less arcade like.

I plan to do some serious testing with threshold as well as fatigue sliders this year.

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 38

I'm excited for the retail game so the slider makers can get to work and we can have more great insight like this!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #67
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Interesting. I wasn't aware of the explanation given back on Madden 10. Anyone got a link for it?
Like PG said, they're all gone. I've been looking for anything that's saved and I've been unable to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
and I feel stupid for not saving highlights, like the big run gore broke off and had people on his tail, but he was still able to win the foot race... or Vicks runs... or the Jet Sweep I ran with Ted Ginn for 20 yards and was tackled by a Safety with a good pursuit angle to prevent a score. I got distracted looking at stats and forgot to save/upload highlights.
Or the KR I had last night when I got stopped at the opponent's 38 yard line. Think about that for a sec: stopped at the opponents 38 yard line. Typically, once you break past the 50 on a KR in Madden, it's normally 6 points. But on a higher thresh, the defender took a great angle and knocked me out of bounds.

On lower thresholds, that would be an automatic TD. On higher thresholds, it's just good field position.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 9

I agree they feel heavy at low.. Trying this game at Very Slow 100 and the set PG posted early today..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-37.jpg (95.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #69
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I was getting to the outside with DeMarco Murray as I expect b/c he's a 90+ spd RB. When I subbed in Lance Dunbar (81 SPD), he felt nearly the same and I was getting outside just as easily.
I assume you are playing Madden 13. I don't know if it plays any different, but I have 12 on rightnow, went into practice with the Cowboys [feels dirty] and tried the same thing.

I called Singleback Big Twins - HB Slant 18 which is an off tackle run. I called a base 3-4 Cover 2 man under so the CBs would line up on the receviers [Madden 12 doesn't have the best on best feature M13 has] and ran the ball with Murray, and then put Sammy Morris in and ran it as well. There was a HUGE difference to me. 94 Speed and 93 acceleration for Murray and 82 speed 85 acceleration for Sammy Morris. Murray was able to run to the sideline and go up against the SS while Morris couldn't out run the LBs at all.

Well, not in the same manner. I have to run for a loss sideways to try and get outside... and still can't get any separation. The D is happy with me losing ground to get outside. Murray doesn't have to do that, and if I do, he gets big separation trying for the corner.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #70
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Like PG said, they're all gone. I've been looking for anything that's saved and I've been unable to find them.

Or the KR I had last night when I got stopped at the opponent's 38 yard line. Think about that for a sec: stopped at the opponents 38 yard line. Typically, once you break past the 50 on a KR in Madden, it's normally 6 points. But on a higher thresh, the defender took a great angle and knocked me out of bounds.

On lower thresholds, that would be an automatic TD. On higher thresholds, it's just good field position.

You guys have me convinced to try out the higher thresholds. What are you playing on right now?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 9

How do I flip this pics so you guys don't have to see what i'm posting sideways?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #72
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
You guys have me convinced to try out the higher thresholds. What are you playing on right now?
I'm playing 75 and PG is playing 100. Also, think about threshold the next time you watch a NFL game. Look at pursuit. Look how DEs do occasionally chase down RBs in the backfield. Look at how difficult YAC is to come by relative to what you may be used to in Madden. I encourage you to look at these things b/c the first thing people say when testing out a higher threshold is, 'boooo my RB got chased down by a LB/DE", as if it's unheard of in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »