Home

Is it a Good sign or Bad sign, update right after

This is a discussion on Is it a Good sign or Bad sign, update right after within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is it a Good sign or Bad sign, update right after

I was just wondering if it's a Good or Bad sign that they would be telling us about a update b4 the game is even Released yet???? Does it mean that they already know that Madden going to have problems and they just going to drop a update to fix them,..Don't get me wrong,.if they know it needs help n a update will fix a lot,..that's Great I'm all for it,..but back in the day they would spend time making a game then Tester would play it n they fix b4 release,. I just feel that companies Don't put there All into games No more!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is it a Good sign or Bad sign, update right after

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan41
I was just wondering if it's a Good or Bad sign that they would be telling us about a update b4 the game is even Released yet???? Does it mean that they already know that Madden going to have problems and they just going to drop a update to fix them,..Don't get me wrong,.if they know it needs help n a update will fix a lot,..that's Great I'm all for it,..but back in the day they would spend time making a game then Tester would play it n they fix b4 release,. I just feel that companies Don't put there All into games No more!!!!!
Well I imagine they want everyone to know they are going to support the game and that they also know as well as anyone who has done any programming that its impossible to create a game without bugs and testers can only do so much. Once everyone can get their hands on it things will be shown and they want people to know that they are willing to work on making the game right. I agree that we live in a day and age of patches but it has its pros and cons. At least they can fix stuff that is wrong now instead of it being stuck like that until next game.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Good sign, means they care and they are fixing issues. . . there's a thread about this already but why not.

It means they've gotten feedback and they are willing and able to try to satisfy their audience. . 5/5 move for them.

The stester you speak of is what I beleive to be called a DEMO in todays world. . .

They reason they don't have to fix it before release is because they have Updates they will schedule with PS3, XBOX, Wii, and Vita, therefore fixing the problems.

The fact they are not doing it in the next few days doesn't really surprise me, they want to get the game in the hands of the consumer, so if there are any fixable issues, those may be added to the update on the 11th of September

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly3; 08-22-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

It's all about perspective; Are ya a glass half-filled guy, or a glass all-spilled guy.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

I think its a good sign just shows the reaction time & follow up should be good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Neither, until we actually see what needs to be fixed and how effective the update is at fixing it. So if the early update doesn't fix whatever may be wrong and they have to release another update, it really doesn't make much difference except for making us feel like they are more involved.

I don't trust EA/Tiburon and it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't just someway to make gamers feel better but nothing is all that different. That's cynical I know but that seems to be how they get down. I think I read last year that they have a preset amount of patches they can release anyway, so unless that was some bs too, they are just adjusting that preset release schedule.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They were going to do it anyway, so it really don't make a difference. Considering most sports games and games in general have a patch either directly on release day or a couple of weeks after. Only difference is this year EA Sports is telling people up front what their schedule for patches is.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Good sign. It means they are still working on the game even though the game disks are being made, packaged, and shipped.
Still working on the game does not necessarily mean there are major problems but any game could always benefit from some extra fine tuning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »