Home

This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys

This is a discussion on This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys

Before this thread get's any further in a tizzy, I think we all need to face reality. Of course a vote shouldn't be necessary to get the "football" fixed in Madden but IT IS. No one should be upset with EAGCs or this idea because they are just trying to work within the system to get what we all want, which is a better football game.

I understand that LBz is currently one of the most heralded posters in regard to making sensible suggestions. So I ask LBz to please come up with some compromise for categorizing this "vote" system, to present to EAGCs so like Bucky just stated, fixes are not lumped in with enhancements.

I am honestly tired of fighting against what I feel are ridiculous business practices and decisions from EA/Tiburon, I just want a complete, best to date, NFL football video game. If it takes a vote to get to that, so be it, until I can finally get another current NFL game choice and get the funk away from this bizarro way of doing things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Come January or February, GameChangers will put up a wish list of our wants and needs.

They will present those wants and needs to the developers.

So, what is the difference between the ideas/suggestions website vs the wishlist in January?

How many of us won't go to the website, but will submit ideas and suggestions to the wishlists the GameChangers take to the developers?

Will you do none of the above, one of the above or neither?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 49

Of course EA wants us to visit that site and vote, it will promote their game, bring them money, and increase hype! Just like the Madden cover voting does. I figured out along time ago that the EAGC's are just apart of EA's new marketing strategy. Not to mention a way to filter the hard questions, criticism and avoid direct communication. Join in if someone likes, but personally I will always turn to OS to suggest idea's and create awareness of an issue.

Why would I go to a EA ran website, when I have a awesome sim community like OS. There are so many people here who have amazing idea's each year. If EA needs guidance because they don't know what features to work on next, then come here!! If I worked on madden, this would be the forum and site I would scroll through.

I am thankful for the EAGC's releasing videos for us, and answering some questions. Even though EA could have done both directly themselves. I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate them. I just know EA, and how it all works with them.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-23-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 16

I agree with Big. They / OS members cannot make hardcore fans the scapegoat for their preference of creating back of the box gimmick features over sim features. Not saying that was the goal of the site or anything, but don't blame me / any members on OS for your distaste towards EA Tiburon and their decision making.

Vote or non vote, I shouldn't have to tell people that get paid to make a sim football game that movement and oline blocking are more important than some of the top vote-getter gimmick items.

Last edited by at23steelers; 08-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I agree with Big. They / OS members cannot make hardcore fans the scapegoat for their preference of creating back of the box gimmick features over sim features. Not saying that was the goal of the site or anything, but don't blame me / any members on OS for your distaste towards EA Tiburon and their decision making.

Vote or non vote, I shouldn't have to tell people that get paid to make a sim football game that movement and oline blocking are more important than some of the top vote-getter gimmick items.
I said this along time ago. The voting should be on little add on features and stuff, not fundamentals of football!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #46
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Come January or February, GameChangers will put up a wish list of our wants and needs.

They will present those wants and needs to the developers.

So, what is the difference between the ideas/suggestions website vs the wishlist in January?

How many of us won't go to the website, but will submit ideas and suggestions to the wishlists the GameChangers take to the developers?

Will you do none of the above, one of the above or neither?
I feel you Road and my stance is, there is a way to do things to get what you want. For example, if the EAGCs got EA/Tiburon to agree to this vote, then it's likely EA saw some benefit from the business side of things. That's cool, I have no issue with that but it's also an opportunity for the EAGCs to utilize the site to put pressure on EA. Don't just put up a wishlist vote, which we all know will pretty much turn into a popularity contest for some enhancement. Find a way to set the voting system up so things that need to be noticed and pushed to the forefront, are.

Now I am not talking about rigging the vote but this is what I mean. When EA/Tiburon does a fan vote, they don't do it in a write in ballot form. They offer up multiple choice and that's how the EAGC vote should be too. Use the same tactics EA does to ensure no matter what comes out is substantial.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 16

Now, to be honest, I could frankly careless if my opinions are being heard by EA. Just because I can coherently put thoughts into a forum, doesn't mean I know as much about football as some other people on here. But their vote counts just the same as mine. What I'd find more interesting is if OS nominated 5 people that are the most knowledgable about football to come up with a top 10 wishlist. Then, I may start paying attention to something worthwhile.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not a bad idea. While editing isn't a huge concern for me I do hate when rookies have funky numbers for their position so a patch allowing edits would be fantastic.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »