Home

RG3 overrated? Trading for him?

This is a discussion on RG3 overrated? Trading for him? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
RG3 overrated? Trading for him?

Ok let me first say I'm an RG3 fan. I live in Waco Texas where the Baylor Bears are. I went to numerous Baylor games and watched RG3 play. I work at a tv station here and have even helped the sports guys out and shot some sideline video of him. Here's a pic of my son at the UT vs Baylor game this past season. He is trying to show me the Sic' em Bears but is mixing it up with Hookem Horns. Lol

So with all of that stated do any of you guys think he is overrated? Do you plan to trade for him?

I think in Madden he is overrated for a rookie. Look RG3 is a great player and an even greater person but I just don't know about all this hype surrounding him. He is far from perfect and has some real issues in his game. People compare him to Vick but that's really not right. He is more like Steve Young. He's fast but he really needs a pretty open space to get moving.

So what do you guys think of him? I know the Redskins owner in my league is going to kill me with him.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: RG3 overrated? Trading for him?

Hey, I am from Waco as well, born and raised.

As far as Madden ratings go, I think he is a bit overrated, but I always think they give rookies too high of ratings, it has gotten better though.

In real life, sure he isn't the perfect QB, but he is very good and he just seems like the type of guy that is going to succeed no matter what.

I will not trade for him because I like my franchise to be as realistic as possible.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

I play as the Redskins, and am a huge RG3 fan. That being said, I think RG3 is slightly overrated. The amount of accurate throws I make on the run are pretty abundant. His escapability and speed is immaculate in the demo. Probably too good for a rookie. He is worth trading for IMO.
WIZ
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's not a big deal, his rating will be adjust once the season starts... Hell, it might get higher. LOL That'd be fitting.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Trevor04Gt's Arena

OVR: 3

First off, I'm a Baylor alum. Graduated in 2010. I was at the BU v. Oklahoma game when RG3 made that incredible pass to Terrance Williams in the corner to win it.

Second, he is a little overrated in the game, but he has the tools to be literally unstoppable in that game. His speed, acceleration accuracy and throw power make him basically perfect for madden.

Like said above, and he can throw on the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

He isn't 93 speed. And his accuracy is overrated as well. Trading for him would require a lot if you wanted to keep your CC even remotely realistic. I don't think WAS would trade him for anything you could give.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Trevor04Gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
He isn't 93 speed. And his accuracy is overrated as well. Trading for him would require a lot if you wanted to keep your CC even remotely realistic. I don't think WAS would trade him for anything you could give.
What do you think his speed should be?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
I agree with you there. The Skins would never trade him considering what they gave up to get him. As for his speed... that is tough to say. He is blazing fast but his "game speed" is not the same as his track speed. So 93 might be slightly too high. Like I said before he needs space to get moving so maybe his speed is fine but his elusiveness should not be too high.

I get the feeling people try to shoehorn him in to a Vick / Young type QB but he really isn't. He only runs when he has to. In Madden people are going to run with him like crazy.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

Last edited by thbends; 08-23-2012 at 02:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »