Home

player edit loophole?

This is a discussion on player edit loophole? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: player edit loophole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Same here, I basically got yelled at by GC's saying "They already told you they ran out of time"...But everything after that is "Well we want to get it into the game but we don't know when." If you knew before hand what kind of reaction you would get, you would know whether your working on it behind the scenes or not and what the eta would be. If that's Madden 14 then so be it, if not then you've already put out the most disappointing news so why not let it all out about the missing features? Either way, if they patch in simply numbers and equipment, I still think people won't be happy. It still won't change my opinion on the matter. I want full editing back. I like the new direction, but I'm not liking not being able to change the things in the game the way I see fit.
Maybe they said they didn't know because they didn't want to publicly commit to having it back by a certain date. If they failed to reach that goal by the ETA, they would severely hurt their relationship even more with their consumer base.

I'm with you in that I wish player editing was there along with custom rosters, custom draft classes, etc. But it really seems like more than anything, their focus was simply the new engine and the base setting for CCM.

They have mentioned that with CCM, they have 1/3 of the work to do they previously had when adding/bringing back features. So they should have the time to do this soon.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #74
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Fixed that for you...I don't just play Football video games, and this isn't the only video game forum I have visited for years interacting. This may be EA's way of doing things but other houses actually listen to their fan base, interact and even let you know what's down the road for the people that are basically writing their checks.
no its how its done they all only tell you what they already have about finished.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #75
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
no its how its done they all only tell you what they already have about finished.
http://kotaku.com/5883580/kinect+ena...-day/gallery/1
**article written Feb 8, 2012...Dawnguard released June 26, 2012**

Bethesda announced a week after they had their "play week" or whatever it was that they would be releasing Dawnguard (had yet to be named) with some of the new things that devs had conjured up during a free week and wanted to get into the game...not all of it made it, but alot did. They announced it to the public with video. So no, just no.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 08-23-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #76
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Its a big deal to me to change equipment and body features which dont affect gameplay at all, but immerse you into controlling a team and season.
I was looking forward to CCM mode, but this is pretty mode-breaking...
WIZ
Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #77
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

Quote:
http://kotaku.com/5883580/kinect+ena...-day/gallery/1
**article written Feb 8, 2012...Dawnguard released June 26, 2012**

Bethesda announced a week after they had their "play week" or whatever it was that they would be releasing Dawnguard (had yet to be named) with some of the new things that devs had conjured up during a free week and wanted to get into the game...not all of it made it, but alot did. They announced it to the public with video. So no, just no.
that video didn't announce anything that would be in their next DLC or that they would even release. it was just a sizzle video that they showed internally to get ideas. they decided to show it publicly to show how creative the team they have was. if it was them saying that these things would be in the next dlc and then didn't make it then you would have something. DICE is also a dev summit not a regular convention where game info is released. its for developers to share ideas, and thats what the video was about showing off a brainstorming type of idea that bethesda came up with.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #78
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
that video didn't announce anything that would be in their next DLC or that they would even release. it was just a sizzle video that they showed internally to get ideas. they decided to show it publicly to show how creative the team they have was. if it was them saying that these things would be in the next dlc and then didn't make it then you would have something. DICE is also a dev summit not a regular convention where game info is released. its for developers to share ideas, and thats what the video was about showing off a brainstorming type of idea that bethesda came up with.
I can't find the threads in Bethesda forum that is why I linked to the Kotaku article to give a reference. Poke at it all you will but it's unfinished work that they let their community know they were working on and that it may make it into the game. The things that made it were the most requested by the community with the exception of spears...not to mention a slew of game breaking fixes. For the record I didn't say it was an announcement video.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #79
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Trey i feel like me and you are on the same page on alotta things and this is another one. Ive said from the time we heard no editing and no custom rosters that it was a business decision by EA to get people to purchase the next iteration as basically a roster update. People like me would by the game every other year and manually update the roster to include transactions and draftees on off years. EA clearly realized this and saw a way to end it. However last time i brought this up i was labeled a conspiracy theorist.
100% correct, I don't know why people are so blind each year when EA make errors and leave things out like uniforms . they must draw from a hat and what comes out they 'take out of the game' so that it isn't perfect

but their logic is stupid with people like me because the first time ever I WONT buy the game I will actulaly use madden 12 to have rosters and be able to play the game against freinds and choose whatever dam uniform I want the CPU to wear and so on
Old 08-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #80
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

Quote:
I can't find the threads in Bethesda forum that is why I linked to the Kotaku article to give a reference. Poke at it all you will but it's unfinished work that they let their community know they were working on and that it may make it into the game. The things that made it were the most requested by the community with the exception of spears...not to mention a slew of game breaking fixes. For the record I didn't say it was an announcement video.
but you were asking for an announcement from EA about the missing CCM features. and it just isn't done until they know it will be done. that video wasn't for their community as i said. it was to show off one way that Bethesda brainstorms to other game developers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »