Home

player edit loophole?

This is a discussion on player edit loophole? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: player edit loophole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpinoutlaw
Heres a thought. If I download a roster update, edit the roster but DONT save it, and go to CCM, will the computer know the roster has been changed? I can see if you save the roster then it wont match. Does the idea make any sense or am I way off???
I think it makes sense but im by no means tech savy. The problem might be once you edit you HAVE to save or lose all changes type deal.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #50
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Heres a thought. If I download a roster update, edit the roster but DONT save it, and go to CCM, will the computer know the roster has been changed? I can see if you save the roster then it wont match. Does the idea make any sense or am I way off???
Interesting idea. I know via watching videos that when a CCM starts it asks if you want to download a roster and the option is "yes" or "no."

If you've already downloaded the roster and select "no" when starting your CCM, maybe the game would recognize the roster as being downloaded. You have me excited to try this!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
No because I think when you start a new CCM it loads the roster off of the server. You can use the default stock roster or download the latest update. I could be wrong, but this is how I think it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Ian Cummings stated it would only take a few minutes to give the use the ability to edit. Can't remember where I read it though, but if that is indeed true, then that's just a shot below the belt.
He was also referring to a now-defunct game mode. Totally new code for Connected Careers- that means what may have been that easy then is now not that simple. Just speculation on my end though.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Interesting idea. I know via watching videos that when a CCM starts it asks if you want to download a roster and the option is "yes" or "no."

If you've already downloaded the roster and select "no" when starting your CCM, maybe the game would recognize the roster as being downloaded. You have me excited to try this!
I guess you could be right, but I feel like even the stock roster is loaded. Anything that is loaded has to be saved first. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but I highly doubt there would be some kind of work around. I hope there is though.

And I could certainly be wrong. Just my thought.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #54
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
well what about some type of editing done on the computer that will allow us to trick the game files. don't they have the ability with fifa currently? i play pes 2012 and mod the heck out of the game. is there a way to crack these files.
impossible its compressed and encrypted EA lock it so guys like me can't hack into madden 12 and skip a year and update the rosters for this year. so that I buy madden 13. If it was possible someone would have already worked out how to hex edit roster files by now
Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #55
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder

doubt it, it will just say you don't have the updated roster it will recagnised it as a different one just like when you play online and FORCE you to load in the default one.

Plus if you don't save a roster imagine doing 10 hours of hard work every time you boot up madden to use a roster because you can't save it hahahaha!~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #56
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
Broadcast Camera and Madden Ultimate Team were delivered via patches in Madden NFL 10.

AFL Legacy Mode and uniforms, also in 10.
The AFL pack was a download content...not a patch. There was a giveaway for the ps3 but the 360 had to pay $7.
Quote:
This won't work. You are prompted to save or lose whatever changes you made. Once you start the mode you will be required to use the Ea roster.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 08-23-2012 at 10:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »