Home

Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Presentation (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Presentation (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #65
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Presentation (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Also noticed the lighting looks weird on 1:00 overcast games. Looks more like 7-8pm. Also don't like how they figured the progressive lighting for full 15 minute quarters. I play 8 minute quarters and night games it only gets fully dark when the game is basically over.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #66
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Also noticed the lighting looks weird on 1:00 overcast games. Looks more like 7-8pm. Also don't like how they figured the progressive lighting for full 15 minute quarters. I play 8 minute quarters and night games it only gets fully dark when the game is basically over.
Yup, that's true. It seems the lighting outside of sunny day games or the big lights of prime time (though night games seem a bit off as well IMO...just not as much) the game's lighting is goofed.

As for progressive lighting, I haven't noticed yet as I think I've only played 1pm and prime time games. It doesn't surprise me though.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #67
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Compared to last year they did a pretty good job on the commentary in 13. I don't know, it was not the commentators fault last year, its the audio team stitching the lines together that dropped the ball big time so any improvement this year is going to stand out.

The replays are soooo frustrating.. They show 3 diffrent angles on each play and none of them are very good and cut away at the worst time. It's just odd that after all the QA that a solid replay system didn't make it to retail.

The home crowd is almost dead silent in a close game with the opposing team driving down the field ? Really?

Spamming cut scenes after key plays for every team is a lazy way out of not implementing "the little things"that would put the game over the top presentation wise. Unfortunately EA has done this for years and got away with it.

I hope they build on the commentary gains this year instead if ripping it apart and starting over.

That's all for now

Last edited by Brian_OS; 08-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #68
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
Compared to last year they did a pretty good job on the commentary in 13. I don't know, it was not the commentators fault last year, its the audio team stitching the lines together that dropped the ball big time so any improvement this year is going to stand out.
That's the one thing better about the commentary this year, it really flows well. Even though half the time Phil is not making ANY sense, they actually sound like two people who are in the SAME ROOM, instead of like 2 robots 3,000 miles away from each other.

I'm glad they are in Madden and I hope they are here to stay. The audio team needs to get waaay more detailed, however, in making sure that the APPROPRIATE audio is qued up at the right time.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #69
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

After not enjoying Madden since last gen systems, and buying one every year, I honestly enjoy the game. My friends and I have a dummy CCM with QBs, and it's a blast because we're not playing sim. I'm going to just wait for patches, or whatever and feel this game out for now. Sliders and all will come at a later time. Like I said, I've been hating on the game and I personally love the Infinity Engine. Yes, some tackles don't look "real", but I find the odd ones hilarious. FIFA had a bunch of same wacky things, and people still loved that game. When all is said and done, I think this game will be a solid game (meaning all of the things wrong will get patched). I do miss editing, though. NOT a good look haha

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 8

I guess graphics fall in line with "Presentation," so I'll post this here.

First off the guys falling all over each other after plays is hilarious. I can't believe they missed that...I mean all they would have had to do is ensure that guys walk AWAY from players after the play is over rather than right into them.

Anyway after playing this game for a little while yesterday, I don't know how you guys put up with it. And by that specifically I mean the graphics. They're AWFUL for late 2012. I don't know....I guess I'm just used to playing games on PC and these console graphics just look soooooo dated to me. They just aren't clear and the level of detail is lacking. All I can think when I'm playing it is how much better it would look on PC.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

Replays are disgusting. Can something be done about this via a patch, or is this what we have to put up with for the next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #72
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Seems they removed team specific chants after a TD? No more Bear Down Chicago Bears from what i can tell. That absolutely sucks. Freaking pissed actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »