Home

Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #17
Rookie

Falconsfan21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 Impressions - Gameplay (NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

i know at times i would get beat deep more in this game than previous games. i like it because it gives me a challenge. before i would just dominate every game.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Pros:
I don't see hardly any post play shenanigans like in the demo.
Infinity engine feels toned down in general.
I love how interceptions are real time now. The game doesn't stop and turn anymore.
Special teams feel much improved.
Crowd noise is nice.
I'm getting good pressure on qb on all pro with my ends.

Cons:
On field graphics seem downgraded from the demo. I actually stopped the game and checked my system settings to see if my display settings had changed.
Long hair and dreads look stiff and akward.
Line play needs help bad.
CPU can't run the ball at all which is worrisome
Game face didn't work.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Right sliders and speed hold solves that problem.. Have had the game for a few days and CPU is ok. Not great, but better than years past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Pros:
I don't see hardly any post play shenanigans like in the demo.
Infinity engine feels toned down in general.
I love how interceptions are real time now. The game doesn't stop and turn anymore.
Special teams feel much improved.
Crowd noise is nice.
I'm getting good pressure on qb on all pro with my ends.

Cons:
On field graphics seem downgraded from the demo. I actually stopped the game and checked my system settings to see if my display settings had changed.
Long hair and dreads look stiff and akward.
Line play needs help bad.
CPU can't run the ball at all which is worrisome
Game face didn't work.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Wow so much better then the Demo. Sound, feel, gameplay. I am not as picky as most, but so far I am blown away.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

In coach mode, the human team QB doesn't scramble. He just stands there and take sack after sack after sack. This is the second year in a row they have had this problem.

Special teams is still boring. CPU isn't a threat to return a punt or kick off back for a TD at all.

Still no punt blocks or FG blocks.

CPU RB AI however is VERY GOOD. They run and juke very often and with a purpose. Why oh why can't NCAA 13 RBs run like this ?

There is no delay in running a no huddle offense. They don't do that stupid I can't hear what you said animation for 10 seconds like they do in NCAA 13.

Other then that, this is the best Madden I played since the early 90s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Played a quick game of fivd minute quarters. Here are my quick hits:

- It truly feels like a Sunday footbal game. The atmosphere is leaps and bounds better than in year's past. Could it better? Definitely. Over the course of the game, you'll wonder why they didn't add a specific presentation to make it that much more immersive. Still, it's so much better than I can remember. I was bored out of my mind playing the nex-gen Madden games. There's life to this game.

- The crowd really sounds great. They booed big time after a long Romo pass was called back for holding. I've gotta get surround sound soon! Commentary is a signifcant step up, but it's disappointing that they don't call out the player names. They do but it's quite rare. I'm quite certain we'll grow tired of Nantz and Sims quickly, but at least you can turn them down and feel as though a game is really going on. Unlike the horrid announcing of Gus Johnson.

- I really like the infinity engine. The times it rears its ugly head is after plays have ended. I've seen some laugh out loud falls and trips. That said, each tackle and animation looks different.

- Back to presentation for a sec. At the end of each quarter, it'd be great to see it fade to black, but it's a little "going to commercial"music and it's right back to the game.

- I tried all four camera settings and I'm sticking with Standard (default). How anyone can play on Broadcast is beyond me. Zoomed obviously brings you down to the field moreso, but it's not very playable IMO.

- Graphics are above average in my opinion. I'm amazed at all the different player models and their arm wraps or lack thereof, helmets, etc. Jerseys look great and over the course of the game, you'll see scuff marks appear.

- The hits in this game are violent. Not in an over the top way, but more realistic. Part of that of course is due to the IE. Hearing the smack of the tackle along with the player chatter gives it that much more immersion.

- I played on Pro, and running obviously is a bit too easy perhaps. Holes open up more than I can ever recall. It's fun to have some daylight.

- Passing was a challeng for me, even on Pro. Bradford threw 3 picks, 2 of which were in to coverage. But what I like is the yards after catch. It always seemed in the past, I'd either run a straight route for a TD or I'd be hit immediately after a catch. It's exciting to be able to have a little room to gain a few or more additional yards.

- The head coaches do not wear head sets. It shouldn't bother me, but it looks kind of strange. Fisher looks ok, but I don't reacall him wearing a hat often. Maybe he does. Nit picking here.

- I'll have to play more but on three punt returns and kick offs, I had different return men each time.

- There's an roster and online roster to download before playing.

- Replays are dreadful. What's wrong with giving us broadcast style replays EA?

- The game is a ton of fun to play, and it's due to the new IE, commentary, presentation, crowd, and improved gameplay. Very solid effort.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Tbe more i play this game the better the experience gets for me

Every game is so random. Low scoring, blowouts, down to the wire. I haven't touched my beloved Tiger Woods 13 in several days because of this Madden. Thank you EA for both football titles because they both offer two totally different gaming experiences

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #24
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Default All Pro feels a lot like default All American in NCAA. Also pass coverage feels a lot like NCAA, as well.

I was beating the Eagles 24-0 at halftime with the Titans before I quit. I had the ball with less than a minute until halftime and called a Hail Mary. They came out in Bump and run, the CB whiffed and I connected with Nate Washington on a 60 yard bomb. They were able to tackle him at the 10. On the next play the safties ignored my slot WR as he ran a slant and I got an easy TD. The CPUs offense was fairly inept. Although, Vick did have a couple of good scrambles.

With that said, It appears that I will be playing on All Madden this year.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »